Thread: Moved OEL

The Great One

Default Moved OEL

Not the most prolific return but I got a deal done:

OEL/Hayden/Bracco
    For
    Ekholm, J Anderson

Ekholm doesnt have near the same upside I dont think but hes not an anchor in a down year. Anderson projects as a solid and inexpensive addition for the next three years. We count pims and sogs so even when hes snoring through a scoring slump, hes still contributing and thats pretty badass for 1.8 million. I love my new "fourth line" of Hartman, Maroon and Anderson- lol!

Topw useful cogs both at very affordable price tags traded for OELs future upside.

We are debating the last little bit of the deal- which would basically be a pick downgrade for Ho Sang. My 2nd outgoing with Ho Sang and a 4th coming back. Outside of that its pretty much a done deal. I dont think its a blockbuster but it plugs some holes. Anderson replaces Camallerri for now (who shouldnt even be a roster) and pushes Jarnkrok to the minors (where I wanted him) when Buchnevich is healthy. Holes plugged- I think Im done tweaking.

Thoughts?

The Great One

Default Re: Moved OEL

Quiet, polite, extra small voiced... bump?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Did you get OEL? If so I really like it for you.

The Great One

No gave him

The Great One

Triggers not completely pulled. I have another good friend who said Im crazy for offering this- so I tapped the brakes a bit
    OEL has been BAD this year. Im also a big fan of Ekholm and Anderson salary wise...

The Great One

I pulled the deal- Im seriously underrating OEL aren't I?

Theres a slim chance he offers Ho Sang included which is what I actually thought I read:

OEL/Hayden/Bracco
    For
    Ekholm/Anderson/Ho Sang

I AM competing this year so in the short term Ekholm becomes an upgrade on his own over OEL (hes top 20ish for dmen) and then Anderson is obviously a big upgrade over Cammalerri until Buchnevich returns and then likely still a pretty big upgrade over Jarnkrok who I brought on to be my "tweener" guy for the farm (Players under 2 mil in our system don't have to clear waivers). I LOVE both their contracts and it plugs some leaks for my playoff run. You guys still think no?

So:

- No don't do it at all- OEL be worth the wait!
    - No don't do it unless you get Ho Sang included or
    - Yes pull the trigger, plug the leaks and don't look back!

I actually did pay a pretty big price for OEL even coming off a bad year.

WILL REP LIKE CRAZY!!!!!

The Great One

I would get this a lot more in a roto league. In H2H, sure OEL has a crappy +/-, but I'd still want him over Ekholm. Plus if OEL gets traded...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think you sold low here.

OEL is having an off year. The plus minus is killer in those leagues (which I don't play) but he's still on a 40 point pace with excellent peripherals.... this is his floor. That's a hell of a floor. If he gets moved I think you're going look back and regret this one. I think a lot of GMs will.

Dobber Sports Sage

It's just not the time to sell OEL. At this stage if you own him in a keeper league I'm probably holding him until we see what happens after his contract expires. You just won't get any value as demonstrated here. Good deal pull.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, I'm not to sure about this one long term. I think the extra pieces are pretty much even here although some might not agree, but the OEL for Ekholm is, as others have stated, a bargain basement price for OEL. That said. if you have "plugged the holes" then I agree, it's not a slam dunk but it's OK in the near term. In the long term, perhaps not so good.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf