Thread: Time to rebuild?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Time to rebuild?

Currently in 4th due to some bad luck. Have several players like karlsson/Marchand/benn that other managers have shown interest in. Question is is this years draft top 3 worth starting a rebuild. It's not for team in sig but same stats. My team is older and a rebuild has to happen sooner then later.
    12 team h2h keeper league. No salary
    Keep 35 before prospect draft carry max 45 through season

Multicat scoring: assists-2pts goals-3pts shootoutgoals-2pts
    Gordiehowe-5pts hits-0.25pts pims-0.5pts plus/minus-1pt
    Powerplaypoint-1pt shorthandedpoint-2pts

Goalie cats: ga- (-1pt) sv-0.2pts shutout-3pts wins-5pts

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

Defencemen: Hedman, Krug, Pietrangelo, shatty, ekblad, ekholm

Goalies: Andersen, hellboy, Demko, Wolf (weekly starts)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Time to rebuild?

Is this league in sig? I don't see Karlsson

If it is that league, I think this is a big time overreaction... You have an unbelievable core (Stamkos, Benn, Marchand, Kucherov, Hedman, Mack, Bob, list goes on...). All of those guys will still have 3-4 years at least of top tier production. Your window is open for a while.

You said yourself your in 4th due to bad luck... 4th is still at the top of the league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not for team in sig. a better question might be if a person has to rebuild is this the draft to start it? I've done some research but looking for the opinions of the hockey gurus on here.
    12 team h2h keeper league. No salary
    Keep 35 before prospect draft carry max 45 through season

Multicat scoring: assists-2pts goals-3pts shootoutgoals-2pts
    Gordiehowe-5pts hits-0.25pts pims-0.5pts plus/minus-1pt
    Powerplaypoint-1pt shorthandedpoint-2pts

Goalie cats: ga- (-1pt) sv-0.2pts shutout-3pts wins-5pts

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

Defencemen: Hedman, Krug, Pietrangelo, shatty, ekblad, ekholm

Goalies: Andersen, hellboy, Demko, Wolf (weekly starts)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would suggest posting your full roster as well as league settings to get solid feedback quicker. If you're looking to rebuild through the draft, you'll be waiting too long to be competitive. You can obviously get some solid talent at the top end of drafts, but you want to focus on making smart trades if you really do need to rebuild your team.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with the above post. Yes, there may be some great potential talent in the draft... but if you're considering moving guys like Benn, Karlsson and Marchand I would set your sites on much more established youth closer to the NHL.

Exposure to the draft is nice, but most players take a few years to really make their impact. You should be able to get future stars on the cusp of breaking out or already producing in the NHL

Administrator

I don't believe rebuilds are ever necessary, especially if you're in 4th due to luck. Regardless of your situation all you have to do is work hard on the trade front and at the draft table and your team will continue progressing to a championship.

A lot of people make the mistake of looking at their team and judging based on what they see. Your have the ability to change your roster. So go make it better. IMO rebuilding is the equivalent of giving up instead of overcoming the obstacle.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I don't believe rebuilds are ever necessary, especially if you're in 4th due to luck. Regardless of your situation all you have to do is work hard on the trade front and at the draft table and your team will continue progressing to a championship.

A lot of people make the mistake of looking at their team and judging based on what they see. Your have the ability to change your roster. So go make it better. IMO rebuilding is the equivalent of giving up instead of overcoming the obstacle.
    That is soooooooo Eric.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I believe (re)builds are only necessary when you take over a team that is so flawed you really have no other choice. But I generally think of that as building.

You're in 4th - is this a 4 team league? If more than that there's no need to do a teardown & rebuild, you just build.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post

YES
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Recruit

Dont rebuild man, every point in time a fantasy will have slow weaks, sometimes it comes at the most unopertume time but you have to deal with it. You have an excellent core group there, but sometimes what helps me is actualy sitting down and making lines with the players you have and it will give you a better understanding on what you may need to aquire and what to do with aging players. For your team I would keep youre core together but maybe look to move vetern guys like Perry Carter, Backstrom, Shattenkirk, niskanen.Try and package some of these up for a young stud who is having a good year Perry is declining fast, and argument could be made the same for Carter but we havent seen much of him this year so his value goes up because there is really nothing to base his decline off of but i wouldnt be afraid to unload him. Two weeks ago i had to bite the bullet and unload Backstrom and a second round pick for Draisital and a 5th, the problem wasnt giving up back strom it was the picks,for the reason being backstrom and draisital really dont shine anywhere the other doesnt. Anyways just some advice good luck and iwould not move guys like Kucherov Stamkos Panarin Mack Hedman Piet and Ghost. iwould listen to offers on benn but wouldnt give him away maybe send a couple request's around your league in a deall sending him but ultimately with you winning the deal.