Thread: Please tell me about Josh Anderson...

The Great One

Default Please tell me about Josh Anderson...

Year one looked good- 17 goals 30 points not bad for first fullish season. This year looks amazing. pims are rockin- hes a sog PIG- which I love and that price point 45-50ish point range is good enough in my books. Is that a reasonable expectation from him at this point. Im discussing selling my OEL to a re-building team for Eckholm+. I like Couturier on his roster (but I think Id be dreaming there), PL Dubois (but again people are very high on rookies in this league) or... Anderson. As long as he actually is a 50ish point guy with good peripherals he not only upgrades Canmmalerri- like crazy- but gives me some much needed wiggle room under the cap by the time next year hits. He just seems like a solid maybe "unspectacular" add with a wicked price point. Is he a legit 50 point player? Honestly a bench with him Maroon and hartman sounds pretty dope to me :P

In my salary dynasty (league in sig)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Please tell me about Josh Anderson...

I've been unsure what to think of him lately myself. Had a nice stretch earlier in the season when he was playing on the Panarin line, but that's been broken up and he's moved down the lineup. He's still shooting a decent amount (had 8 SOG in last night's game) and provides solid hit totals for leagues that count it, but don't know what to make of him at this point....

The Great One

So without dobberforums approval I made an official offer of:

Ekholm/Anderson/Ho-Sang
    for
    OEL/Bracco/Hayden

Im waiting to hear back.

Im sure Im losing the BPA in this deal (probably by a decent margin) but that being said the guys Id be getting are locked up in three and six year windows and seem to offer extremely effective contributions at that price point. This might be a deal i regret if/when OEL is a top 10 dman but the fact that they are so effective in a roto/salary format at least ensures that i wont be losing my mind about it. They offer sturdy contributions for a playoff run this year AND have capfriendly hits that will help when I have to sign off on a few key raises. I kind of prefer the boom or bust potential of Ho-Sang over the high probability low ceiling Bracco and Hayden likely provide. That being said I am a big, Big John Hayden fan (that was weird to type out loud :P )- but thought it made sense to balance out the outgoing pims of Anderson.

thoughts?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    I've been unsure what to think of him lately myself. Had a nice stretch earlier in the season when he was playing on the Panarin line, but that's been broken up and he's moved down the lineup. He's still shooting a decent amount (had 8 SOG in last night's game) and provides solid hit totals for leagues that count it, but don't know what to make of him at this point....
    Yea Ive noticed his points seem to come in bunches- really feast or famine (mind you 3 in his last 6, 5 in his last 11 isnt a bad spread :P ). We dont count hits but we do count pims and Ive noticed HPG ranks pim guys very highly in our format (for example Marron rated fairly well- not nearly elite or anything but safely within the top 200).

My bottom line question is:

Is he at least a 1/2 a point per game player??

With that salary, and those peripherals (sog, pim, and not an anchor on the +/-)- Ill happily take a 45ish point player for my bench. Esopecially because althopugh Ekholm will never be elite- i think he has a very "safe floor" and again budgets very nicely into any cap crunched team. My thoughts- anyone else wanna weigh in?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've never played in a salary league, but I am in the same boat in that a 40-50 ish point player with solid peripherals is a great depth piece in my league.

Hopefully some fellow members can provide smore insight!

The Great One

Im doing some reading and he sounds very Pat Maroon(ish). theres pretty much no more "full blown" enforcers- but this guy sounds like he can skate/score, agitate, and MORE than willing to drop the gloves. Those guys provide unique equity in cats leagues. My issue/fear is that he likely will not see a whole bunch of powerplay time (my gut feeling on what Im reading)- which is what propels the Lucic and hartnells of the world into that golden 60 point dream world- lol! without that he could really be hard capped closer to 50. If thats the case (and I know I sound like a broken record- haha!)- Im STILL ok with it. Essentially Im hoping hes got a 45 point floor (and with that sick sog volume I think its a fairly safe bet)- then Im happy to take him. Also he is quite young so maybe he does eventually garner a look on the pp if hes succesful without it.

Im basically hoping someones going to find this thread and say : "Hey emu! hey RevRath! His 17 goals as a rookie werent a fluke and neither is his current pace despite the fact that hes slowed down. Youre still looking at 45 points as a minimum and feel free to cross your fingers for more!!"