Thread: In 1st but MAJOR goalie problems

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default In 1st but MAJOR goalie problems

So.....keeper in sig is in 1st place but quite a bit. But....my current goalies are Lundqvist, Crawford, Elliot and now Neuvirth (had Reimer then Sateri but recent Elliot news made me pick up Neuvirth.

If Crawford is announced done for the year, would you trade him for Jones (last place team has Jones) and then try to acquire Dell as well?

10th place team has Schneider and Dubnyk....are they better options than Jones?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: In 1st but MAJOR goalie problems

If you could pry Dubnyk away that would be ideal. I thought Crawford was skating? You have to have both Jones and Dell, I dont like having 2 Gs to fill one players worth of stats.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Dubnyk is the best acquisition option you mentioned.

I now expect the Flyers to go get a goalie if Neuvirth doesn't play well enough in the next week. Stolarz being out is a real problem, and I am really, really hoping Lehner is not the guy they get.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Dub yo is the best option. Avoid Schneider who is also on the IR.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Immortal

Oh Ya! I have Lehner too...but is that even a good thing??

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Oh Ya! I have Lehner too...but is that even a good thing??
    Only if you're not relying on him.

Dubnyk is clearly the best option, but I'm sure he'll also come at a pretty steep price. A team at the bottom of the pack probably doesn't have too many other good trade pieces. How much would it hurt you to have to carry Jones and Dell? Together they're great, but the amount of starts Dell is taking ruins Jones' value on his own. If you've got the space to carry both though, you'll probably get the best value trading for Jones.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Big Daddy

I'd go after Dubnyk. Even if Crawford does return, how long will it be for? That is a scary injury. I'd be trying to sell Crawford regardless if you need help in goal. But that's besides the point, go after Dubnyk as your first option.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Only if you're not relying on him.

Dubnyk is clearly the best option, but I'm sure he'll also come at a pretty steep price. A team at the bottom of the pack probably doesn't have too many other good trade pieces. How much would it hurt you to have to carry Jones and Dell? Together they're great, but the amount of starts Dell is taking ruins Jones' value on his own. If you've got the space to carry both though, you'll probably get the best value trading for Jones.

I'm not sure this is as much of an issue now...since jones came back he's gotten all but 1 start and they even gave him a back to back. Sure, he's inconsisten but I think that move was a clear vote of confidence that he's the #1 guy in SJ by the coach.
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen