Thread: JEE!! (Joel Eriksson EK)

The Great One

Default JEE!! (Joel Eriksson EK)

Paging Dr. Jouku!! :P

Whats this guys deal!?!? he was untouchable in the off-season- one of the insiders insider picks!! Not only has he done nothing- no ones even talking about it- lmao!! I thought I had stolen him- now I feel like I got duped :P I know its early but I have questions for anyone in the know!!

- I had thought he looked mature for his age/ahead of his development curve. Is this slow pace a natural step or somethhing to worry about?
    - What kind of "realistic" upside does he have?
    - Who does he compare favorably to/whats his playstyle?
    - I know hes defensively responsible- does that mean he brings a physical (pimmy) game?
    - Is he shoot first or a playmaker?
    - If this is a reasonable step in his development what kind of expectation should we have production wise going forward? Maybe "can" we have is better wording :P

Im dying to know everything. i thought I was adding a core piece to my team. Thought I had snuck one under the radar so to speak- lol! Am I too alarmed??!! Or is this the next MSP!!?? Pay Jarvy??!! What kind of name is that??!! Whats the deal with message boards anyways??? JEE where art thee?????

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: JEE!! (Joel Eriksson EK)

I have always felt that he was overrated for his offensive upside. I mean, look at his numbers in the SHL: they're decent for a player as young as him, but when you compare them to the numbers put up by other highly rated Swede forward prospects over the years his numbers don't stand out. He has always looked good in international competition against his peers, so that's a good sign. And his AHL numbers this year are good. I just think he was overrated this summer by people thinking his PPG in the NHL from last season would carry over to more games this season.

What you're hoping for is something like M. Koivu, but I don't see him reaching the offensive numbers Koivu did. IMO you're hoping (i.e. upside) for a 50-60 point guy when all is said and done, which are solid numbers in today's NHL. More likely a 40-50 guy, as early as 2019-20 (or if Koivu or Staal are gone, possibly earlier).

Dobber Sports Wizard

JEE is very mature for his age, no question about that. He's been very unlucky this season but his numbers would still be quite low even if he wasn't. I'm not worried about his long-term potential, though. I think he can be a 60 point player, meaning he's between 55 and 65 points most seasons in his prime. The similarities to Mikko Koivu are definitely there, and Koivu also had a low-production rookie season, although he was already 22 years old at the time.

I wouldn't expect a lot of PIM from JEE but he hits and kills penalties which leads to blocked shots. He's a shoot-first type player and could get close to 30 goals in his prime.

Dobber Sports Expert

Who did u give up for him?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Who did u give up for him?
    Full trade was built around buying low on Buchnevich when he was struggling.

My Aho (Car), Lehkonen, H Fleury
    for
    Buchnevich, Valiardi, JEE

So its not a perfect breakdown cause I gave up value on the Aho piece most likely but essentially a Hatdn Fleury...

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks guys- I could absolutely live with a 55-65 point center. Its my weak spot by a mile. If he comes in at a bargain- then all the better cause Im toight up against the cap...