Thread: Klefbom turning a corner??

The Great One

Default Klefbom turning a corner??

Any Oilers fans out there with the inside scoop? Hes got 3 points in his last 4 games- and still shooting at a yeoman's rate. Has he found his timing on the powerplay? Is he rounding into what we were hoiping for before the season started? Or does he look just as lost? I know theyve been very high scoring games and hes only notched an assist in 3 of the last 4- so i was looking for the inside scoop. Is he just a beneficiary of some crazy games? Or is he finally rounding into form? I might (READ: might) be able to get McDonagh for him but it would likely cost me a top tier asset ( Ithink Bracco was a no- which leaves JEE as the next possible guy (Eriksson EK).

I just HATE trading all those sogs and the potential to VASTLY outperform that contract- lol!!!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Klefbom turning a corner??

I wouldn't trade Klefbom for McDonagh.. a lot more upside with Klef. In a cap league, Klef's on a contract of gold. You just gotta hang in there on the rest of this shitty season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He better not turn a corner, cuz I dropped him last week out of frustration.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Klefbom for McDonagh.. a lot more upside with Klef. In a cap league, Klef's on a contract of gold. You just gotta hang in there on the rest of this shitty season.
    Tried to rep- lol!

My thought too- but hes so frusterating to roster- lmao!! I really hope this is him coming back to life- sorry cheese cake :P. Apparently he was playing through an injury?

The Great One

^^^ I dont get it... wrong thread?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I may have the opportunity to switch Klefbom for Fowler or Gardiner.. thoughts?

The Great One

Oh- hmmm- salary cap league?

Im going to assume yes and say Gardiner or hold. Fowlers tempting but hes only scoring a few more points and has less than 2 sogs per game. I dont like his impending raise either. Gardiner at least has the benefit of being hot af right now so can ride some of that out. He also gives you at least two years at this price tag- and still has another hypothetical gear- its not too late for him to mature into a 50ish point Dman. The other option is hold. Klefbom has 3 in his last 5 ( I know its not crazy but its something) and hes also over 3 sogs per games which is HUGE for a Dman. Of the three he likely still has the best "ipside" although thats getting harder to rely on every day. The thing with Klefbom though- is that if he can hit his stride as a primary componen on pp1, especially with his sog proclivity, hes got the abilit to vastly outperform his contract for a lot of years.

So yea if youre in serious contention Id consider riding the hot hand in Gardiner, otherwise Id give a long look at just sitting on K-bomb..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Oh- hmmm- salary cap league?
    Yes

The Great One

I responded above- lol ^^^

Answer was:

Gardiner if youre restless or in drastic "win now" mode
    otherwise
    Hold on K-Bibbity (The nicknames get more ridiculous every post I make)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I responded above- lol ^^^

Answer was:

Gardiner if youre restless or in drastic "win now" mode
    otherwise
    Hold on K-Bibbity (The nicknames get more ridiculous every post I make)
    Thanks man! I?ve had connectivity issues .. ill rep

Dobber Sports Pro

I am pretty sure Klefbom is one of those players this year that has been insanely unlucky. He is shooting 2% and is 8th in shots, rocking a low PDO, and on a PP with McDavid. I acquired him for a low cost in a keeper pool and I am waiting/hoping for a turn around. Also in leagues that count SOG and BLK he has been awesome.

I would want him over McDonaugh any day of the week
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Great One

Frankly, I think Edmonton will trade or sign a proven PP QB in the offseason
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    From Elliotte's 31 thoughts...

" 22. Don?t know if Oscar Klefbom needs some kind of surgery, but he hasn?t looked right all year. Wonder if we?re getting to the point he?s shut down to get ready for next season. "
    Was just coming to post that- lol!! Nice catch mang- Ive heard allusions towards this a few times but Friedge puts a stamp of credibility on it...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Frankly, I think Edmonton will trade or sign a proven PP QB in the offseason
    Yea he didnt even have that role carved in stone. he just had the sweetest opportunity to step up and snag it. that really has NOT happened. Last year was nice but even there- the whole team broke out like crazy and he hit 38 with pp time being spoonfed to him. I think they do exactly that, but Im hoping he still has 40 point upside. With his sogs and for leagues that count them (mine doesnt) - blocks- a 35- 40 point defenseman has value still. Even in mine- if he develops as a bankable 35-40 with ridiculous sogs (for a dman)- I can live with that at 4.2...