Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: THN predicts W Nylander is this years Pastrnak?! REP!!

The Great One

Default Re: THN predicts W Nylander is this years Pastrnak?! REP!!

https://mapleleafsnation.com/2017/11...ete-narrative/

Not the most well articulated piece but the premise gets through and the gufs at the end are nifty...

The Great One

Maybe this is slightly off topic but Kadri is signed to a reasonable deal for quite awhile still- hes fine as a 2C isnt he?? Im a biased Kadri fan though and love the fact that he's proving everybody wrong on the Marner line all of a sudden. To me kadri/marner is a fine L2 and you could leave AM34/Willie chemistry together- no?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Maybe this is slightly off topic but Kadri is signed to a reasonable deal for quite awhile still- hes fine as a 2C isnt he?? Im a biased Kadri fan though and love the fact that he's proving everybody wrong on the Marner line all of a sudden. To me kadri/marner is a fine L2 and you could leave AM34/Willie chemistry together- no?
    The problem comes in when Bozak inevitably gets shipped out or walks in the summer. Then we have no 3C unless we trade for one of hope we can sign one in the offseason. Some folks feel we should groom Willy to play C then slot in once Bozak leaves, and Nylander was actually a center a lot of his younger career. Personally I want him to stay on the wing with Matthews but it's good to know we can at least have the flexibility to play him at C if we needed to. Again, similar to what Draisaitl brings to the table in EDM. I don't think Nylander would be as effective at C though like Leon is. Good but not superb.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

The Great One

I hope they dont go and Galchenyuk the whole thing...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm just not getting the Hemsky comparison. Hemsky has scored more than 40 points once in the last 12 years. Nylander is already twice the player Hemsky is, not even into his second full season.
    10 team, H2H, keep 10 + 1 player designated NA, Yahoo league, Daily changes.
    G, A, PPP, SOG, GWG, +-, SHP, PIM, BLK
    GS, W, L, SVPC, GAA, SHO
    C C C RW RW RW LW LW LW D D D D UTIL UTIL (no goalies) GOALIE GOALIE BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH IR IR NA

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Timmins_Tornado View Post
    I'm just not getting the Hemsky comparison. Hemsky has scored more than 40 points once in the last 12 years. Nylander is already twice the player Hemsky is, not even into his second full season.
    That doesn’t really make any sense, Hemsky was a similar player at the same age. Not that I would compare nylander to him. But if somebody said he will turn into hemsky, you can’t use hemskys recent seasons and compare them to nykanders first two

Dobber Sports Jedi

they share an "e" and a "y" in their last names... that's where the comparisons should end.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Timmins_Tornado View Post
    Just playstyle. Im an old folk (relatively speaking)- so watching Hemsky's paralyzing moves and killer pp instincts are remiiniscent of what Im seeing with Nylander. On that note though a) Ive already conceded hes like a Hemsky plus plus- lol and b) Im hoping Im wrong. The comparison is play style not statistical.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    they share an "e" and a "y" in their last names... that's where the comparisons should end.
    Lol- disagree- and I watched a lot of Hemsky games- lol! Its arguable that even if Nylander succeeds he still plays a Hemsky(ish) style- but just that he found a way to be succesful with it. Also Nylanders release is light years ahead of Hemsky's- he used to use this midget twig for stick handling, no real curve either- pure playmaker. Im talking about one on one moves and the "way" they run a powerplay. Im not trying to get everyone stirred up- its just a stylistic copmparison...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    That doesn?t really make any sense, Hemsky was a similar player at the same age. Not that I would compare nylander to him. But if somebody said he will turn into hemsky, you can?t use hemskys recent seasons and compare them to nykanders first two
    ]
    Fair enough. Hemsky has never scored more than 23 goals in his entire 16 year NHL career, Nylander had 22 in his first full NHL season. Hemsky has scored more than 60 points 3 times in his entire 16 year NHL career, Nylander is on pace to score 60 points twice in his first two full years in the league. Nylander has missed 1 game do to injury in his first two full seasons in the NHL, Hemsky, well, should I even bother? Those stats are about all that needs to be said.
    Last edited by Timmins_Tornado; February 16, 2018 at 9:08 AM. Reason: qrong stat
    10 team, H2H, keep 10 + 1 player designated NA, Yahoo league, Daily changes.
    G, A, PPP, SOG, GWG, +-, SHP, PIM, BLK
    GS, W, L, SVPC, GAA, SHO
    C C C RW RW RW LW LW LW D D D D UTIL UTIL (no goalies) GOALIE GOALIE BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH IR IR NA