Thread: Prospect Rank 'Em -REP-

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Prospect Rank 'Em -REP-

League in sig.

Looking to get an idea of what the community thinks about this group of prospects in a multi-cat scoring format. Looking for best long-term upside here.

REP for your efforts.

N. Roy
    A Gaudette
    M. Frost
    B. Katchouk
    D. Sikura
    N. Merkley

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Prospect Rank 'Em -REP-

They all look solid IMO.

Merkley has proven he can play great in any league and adapt, over a PPG in his first half of his first AHL season.

Roy also having a great first year in the AHL, but the Checkers are so loaded that we won't know how good he really is until a few guys get moved or graduate.

Frost is killing it at 18 , Katchouk also having himself a season and looked great at the WJC,

Sikura and Gaudette are the players I've actually watched quite a bit. Sikura is very skilled and should step into at least a 3rd line role next year with CHI.

Gaudette looking great as well, leading the NCAA in PPG and Points overall.

I'm not good at judging upside, but the safe picks would be Merkley, Sikura and Gaudette due to their proximity to the NHL and their domination of leagues with men.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Deity

Man, tough list. All are really good prospects IMO.

I like what tcat has to say although I would probably include Morgan Frost into his short list as well. I don't know how many you are looking to pick up.

Nicholas Roy will be a few years away and doesn't have the same upside that the others have.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Yes all of them are currently free agents in my league. Some are very tempting, but I have a pretty packed farm at this point. If a deal comes up and I have a spot for one of them to join the outfit I want to be ready. I am hoping to slip Merkley Frost and Gaudette in somewhere soon.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Since all of them are free agents in your league, I would target Gaudette or Sikura because they're both likely to play in the NHL next season. Probably Gaudette because I like his long-term potential more but Sikura could be the better player during their rookie seasons - and he's also a winger which helps in fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Deity

My personal preference if you are getting one would be Merkley because I like him the most from this group but all are really close for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Leaning towards Merkley at this point, but enjoying all of the excellent viewpoints. Anyone else care to chime in?

Dobber Sports Expert

If I were you I'd go with Gaudette or Sikura like JP said. They'll likely be playing in the NHL next year. I really like Sikura and his chances of sneaking into Chicago's top-6 here and there but Gaudette will likely provide more FOW, hits, and blocks even if he never gets above Vancouver's third line.

That being said, you asked long term, and I like Frost from that group. He and Katchouk both looked good in the game against Hamilton I was at last weekend despite the Bulldogs' thrashing of them. Frost took two terrible penalties but aside from that I liked what I saw. He's a big part of the Soo's dominant season. My gut just tells me he has the most potential out of the 6 especially in Philly where they like their guys with an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    If I were you I'd go with Gaudette or Sikura like JP said. They'll likely be playing in the NHL next year. I really like Sikura and his chances of sneaking into Chicago's top-6 here and there but Gaudette will likely provide more FOW, hits, and blocks even if he never gets above Vancouver's third line.

That being said, you asked long term, and I like Frost from that group. He and Katchouk both looked good in the game against Hamilton I was at last weekend despite the Bulldogs' thrashing of them. Frost took two terrible penalties but aside from that I liked what I saw. He's a big part of the Soo's dominant season. My gut just tells me he has the most potential out of the 6 especially in Philly where they like their guys with an edge.

Frost was also the encouragement Philly needed to trade Brayden Schenn IIRC. Not a bad idea to bet on a guy when a team has targeted them and made moves specifically to acquire

Dobber Sports Star

Thinking long term

M. Frost
    N. Merkley
    B. Katchouk
    D. Sikura
    A. Gaudette
    N. Roy

Dobber Sports Sage

Gaudette was just added by an OGM.

Looks like I need to pick up Merkley and Frost. Probably get Merkley now since he's on the cusp. Frost is 2-3 years away so no hurry just yet. Kinda surprised the Flyers homer in my league hasnt picked Frost up already.

Dobber Sports Sage

Here's a relevant question: Are any of the guys on my farm currently droppable for Merkley and/or Frost?

I'd consider dropping Rasmussen, Mcleod, or ZAR. But I'm superficially basing that on their production or lack there of. ZAR has been decent and earned a call up but I've heard he's a tad slow and he's already 23.

Don't take my word for it but perhaps look into those options with other opinions.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    I'd consider dropping Rasmussen, Mcleod, or ZAR. But I'm superficially basing that on their production or lack there of. ZAR has been decent and earned a call up but I've heard he's a tad slow and he's already 23.

Don't take my word for it but perhaps look into those options with other opinions.
    I recently added ZAR just to see if he sticks with one of the big boys and clicks. His limitations will be mitigated by his surroundings if he locks into the top 6. If he doesnt produce, or another spot opens I plan to replace him with Merkley

Dobber Sports Veteran

Frost would be tops on the list for me followed by Roy. I think Roy is very underrated in multicat leagues. I have them all pretty close though. Only one I'd drop for any of them would be ZAR