Thread: Toffoli

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Toffoli

I acquired him 2 years ago thinking he was a 60 point guy. This guy is barely a 50 point producer.. Am i being to hard on him or is this what he is?

I am in a 14 team keeper Salary Cap league- his salary isn't an issue but in a league with G A P PP +- Hits... i've been benching him a lot lately. Will he turn it around? Carter coming back could help.
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Toffoli

I traded for him recently, rebuilding in my keeper league, and I hope he has an unannounced nagging injury. His shot totals are better than ever so that's encouraging.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I traded for him recently, rebuilding in my keeper league, and I hope he has an unannounced nagging injury. His shot totals are better than ever so that's encouraging.
    I lover hearing the guy shoots a lot but if hes not converting... SOG not a category for me
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JRA View Post
    I lover hearing the guy shoots a lot but if hes not converting... SOG not a category for me
    Nor for me, but at least it means he's keeping busy in the offensive zone. Doesn't speak to the quality of the shots though.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He’s a beneficiary of playing with Jeff Carter. That is all.

The Great One

^^^ So much disagree

Hes a sog volume guy (on pace fofr 3/game- which is money in the bank!) )whose suffering through some bad puck luck. Hes also just finally starting to get meaningful powerplay time. He has 8 ppp with the bare minimum- he could be one of the bigger second half sleepers- all he needs is for puck luck to correct itself and pp opportunity which he seems to be getting (for now). Hes also dual eligible- I think hes a great asset.

Dobber Sports Stud

Just been an absolute disaster the last 15 games or so...has to turn it around at some point

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    ^^^ So much disagree

Hes a sog volume guy (on pace fofr 3/game- which is money in the bank!) )whose suffering through some bad puck luck. Hes also just finally starting to get meaningful powerplay time. He has 8 ppp with the bare minimum- he could be one of the bigger second half sleepers- all he needs is for puck luck to correct itself and pp opportunity which he seems to be getting (for now). Hes also dual eligible- I think hes a great asset.
    Toffoli has great chemistry with Carter, not so much with Kopitar. With Carter he’s a 55-60 point player, without he’s more of a 45-50 point guy.

The Great One

Im not comfortable at all putting that kind of cap on a twenty five year old- especially one whose only a season from removed sixty points. There could be a lot of factors contributing to his decline in production (like the ones I stated- low sh% and lack of pp time). Also it could be a lack of chemistery with Kopitar specifically and not just "feeding off" Carter so to speak. Kopitar plays a really specific kind of cycling/puck protection game that is not everyones cup of tea. I could see him finding his niche in the cycle, correcting his shooting percentage and capitalizing on his pp time and bouncing back no problem. I cant say Ive watched a ton of Kings game but Ive seen a little more than maybe the average fan (as a long time Kopitar owner- not anymore though- I used to watch quite a few- 10-15 a season)- and I really dont see Toffoli as having peaked at all. Hes a talented player- Id love to see the advanced stats- but my eyeballs tell me he drives posession. Itd be great to hear if Im offbase there- but based on my own intuition, research and armchair scouting- Im not worried at all about him. I think its a fantastic time to "buy low" on him (depending of course on keeper parameters).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Im not comfortable at all putting that kind of cap on a twenty five year old- especially one whose only a season from removed sixty points. There could be a lot of factors contributing to his decline in production (like the ones I stated- low sh% and lack of pp time). Also it could be a lack of chemistery with Kopitar specifically and not just "feeding off" Carter so to speak. Kopitar plays a really specific kind of cycling/puck protection game that is not everyones cup of tea. I could see him finding his niche in the cycle, correcting his shooting percentage and capitalizing on his pp time and bouncing back no problem. I cant say Ive watched a ton of Kings game but Ive seen a little more than maybe the average fan (as a long time Kopitar owner- not anymore though- I used to watch quite a few- 10-15 a season)- and I really dont see Toffoli as having peaked at all. Hes a talented player- Id love to see the advanced stats- but my eyeballs tell me he drives posession. Itd be great to hear if Im offbase there- but based on my own intuition, research and armchair scouting- Im not worried at all about him. I think its a fantastic time to "buy low" on him (depending of course on keeper parameters).
    Compare the numbers with and without Carter. It’s scary

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace View Post
    Compare the numbers with and without Carter. It’s scary
    I dont want to be argumentative just for sake of being argumentative- Ill take a look. Do you have the data? Or a site where I could seperate these samples easily?? Im actually legit curious now- I dont think it will sway me at 25- but it would be interesting to note...

Dobber Sports Master

Well, I guess the thread woke him up.

He needs PP time to hit 60 pts, which he can do, but not without significant PP time. He is a good player, just not a great one, as many thought he could become.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck