Thread: The waiver gods drop goalie options in my lap

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default The waiver gods drop goalie options in my lap

Team below in sig.

I have had patchwork goaltending all season due to a poor goalie draft (and a couple flops), but am first in playoff seeding thanks to a stud offense and some lucky backup runs (Jarry, Ward, Bernier).

C Schneider, C Ward, and M Jones were all dropped yesterday and I feel like they are all upgrades over a couple of my current goalies. I am prepping for the playoffs, so that is my main consideration here. I would also prefer not to carry more than 3 goalies, and Dubnyk is the only one I am for sure keeping for the playoffs.

My gut says pick up Schneider and Ward over Jones, but there is a lot of different combinations, especially if there is a compelling reason to keep Bernier or Dell over any of those 3.

Let me know which 2 you think I should try to add to my squad. Thanks!
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: The waiver gods drop goalie options in my lap

With your settings not counting GAA, and just G, plus rewarding Saves instead of looking at save percentage, I'd want Schneider and Jones. While Dell has taken more starts from Jones than I would have expected going into the season, Jones is still the number 1, and not only do I have more faith in San Jose (even without Thornton) than I do in Carolina, but San Jose has a better schedule going forward and through the fantasy playoffs.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd want Jones most in your situation, you lock up Sharks starts. You want volume starts, and that gives you predictable volume.

Schneider is #2. Better goalie than Ward, better team than Ward.

Ward is a distant 3rd.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree with stevegamer that picking up Jones to gain the handcuff makes the most sense. My issue is that I think Schneider is the better goalie once he returns from his injury so I am not really sure what one is the right one for you to pick up. For now, I'd say Jones until Schneider returns. I am not 100% sure when he's back to be honest. I own him in a couple leagues and miss him dearly.

I do agree that Ward is a non-starter for you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."