Thread: Cubs sign Darvish to six year deal.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Cubs sign Darvish to six year deal.

Wow. Who got paid? Yu did!!

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...13578119794690

BREAKING: Yu Darvish to #Cubs, six year-deal in $150M range, sources tell The Athletic. Pending physical.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Cubs sign Darvish to six year deal.

$25 million a year for Darvish is just nuts..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

It is a lot, especially if they can't fit the problem with his tells before pitches.

Interested to see if this sets the FA market in motion though
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    $25 million a year for Darvish is just nuts..
    It's $21 Mil for 6 years with unlikely incentives that could push it to $150. LOVE this deal for the Cubs. $21 Mil per for a a #1/#2 free agent pitcher is solid. The Cubs are loaded with positional players but needed a top of the rotation starter. Their rotation starting next years is #1 Darvish #2 Hendricks #3 Lester #4 Quintana #5 Chatwood. That is very solid.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

So is the NL Central decided now?? StL will be good but probably can't match the Cubs.....

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    So is the NL Central decided now?? StL will be good but probably can't match the Cubs.....
    The Cubs start the season as the favorite but you never know. Arrieta probably signs with the Cards or Brewers. But something that people aren't taking into consideration is that the Cubs positional players underachieved last year. Bryant, Russell, Schwarber, and Heyward (hopefully) should all have better seasons and they have a couple other young players that could take another step forward (Happ and Almora). Contreras was really hitting his stride before suffering a hamstring injury. He has the tools to a MVP-quality player. The Cubs also got a highly-regarded pitching coach (Hickey) that has done wonders with Tampa. I know I am being a homer but I am very optimistic about the Cubs. And then there are the Blackhawks.....
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    The Cubs start the season as the favorite but you never know. Arrieta probably signs with the Cards or Brewers. But something that people aren't taking into consideration is that the Cubs positional players underachieved last year. Bryant, Russell, Schwarber, and Heyward (hopefully) should all have better seasons and they have a couple other young players that could take another step forward (Happ and Almora). Contreras was really hitting his stride before suffering a hamstring injury. He has the tools to a MVP-quality player. The Cubs also got a highly-regarded pitching coach (Hickey) that has done wonders with Tampa. I know I am being a homer but I am very optimistic about the Cubs. And then there are the Blackhawks.....
    I 100% agree. All their hitters had a WS slump and they still made the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...75805049815040

Yu Darvish’s $126 million deal with #Cubs includes escalators throughout that will pay him an extra $2 million a year by winning the Cy Young award and $1 million a year finishing 2-5th. He has almost full no trade clause. He can opt out after 2019. Should be official by Tuesday
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."