Thread: Trade advice

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trade advice

For the league in sig

It has been a tight race between me and two other GMs since the beginning of the year. When players are traded, they carry their points total and since the beginning of this league 3 years ago, GMs always had to trade for productive players in order to win, most of the time at the cost of talent/potential. Its not a strategy I like to use because i feel like damaging my team on the long term. But at the same time, the two other contenders recently made some moves to increase their point total so i am now 30 pts behind them. I really think i have a shot at the title if i make the right moves so i might have no other choice but to go down that road. He is an offer I received

My Josi, Neal, Guentzel for Aho, R. Smith, Gardiner

This would give me a 20ish pts jump and would be a lot closer to the other gms, but am i giving too much? I know Aho is a solid young player but it would hurt to lose Josi and his nice contract. At the same time, since Subban seems to be the main offensive Dman with the preds, is it a good time to move Josi?

Thanks for the feedback!

The Great One

Default Re: Trade advice

In a cap league, the return seems light for Josi - that contract is gold.

While I support giving up futures to win now, I think you should shop Josi around some more and be sure you can't do better than a 20 point jump.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You're giving up the best player in the deal in Josi, and he & Subban are both #1 defensemen on Nashville. The downgrade on defense seems huge, even though Gardner & Josi are similar this year.

Maybe I'm crazy and it's better than I think, but I'd either Shop Jois harder as suggested, or simply see what you can get for Guentzel as a future, maybe pick up a bit of help on the back end?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think you're overpaying for Aho. Josi alone is worth Aho and a solid D imo
    FANTRAX SALARY CAP LEAGUE
    $75m Cap League / 12 Teams / 18 Keepers
    20min - 25max man roster / 5 Minor bench
    G, A, STP, FOW, Takeaways, Hits, BLKS, PIM, SOG,
    W, SV%, Saves

C: Backstrom, MacKinnon, Backlund, Jost, Barzal, Zetterberg, Trocheck

W; Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hayden, Haley, Pacioretty, Boeser, Kreider, Riley Nash

D: Gudas, OEL, Ristolainen, Chychrun, Nurse, McAvoy Sergachev

G: Dubnyk, Stalock, Smith,
    Minor bench: Demko, Samsonov, White, Steel, Kaprizov