Thread: New Fleaflicker League

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default New Fleaflicker League

Reposting this new league so there is no confusion. We are proceeding with this league using Fleaflicker.com as the platform. Fleaflicker has really nice web UI and mobile app. We will be using their feature called "email draft" for drafting in this brand new keeper league. For those that provided feedback on the previous post... thank you for the good feedback on some of the wording. I've incorporated your feedback in the following revised posting.

Please PM me if interested. First step will be to get us all into a GroupMe chat and then blast out the Fleaflicker invites. They league is all set up and ready to go. I just want to make sure we have 16 guys who a ready to go with this league before pushing the Fleaflicker invites out.

Best Friggin Fantasy League (BFFL)

I am forming a new league and looking for 15 great team managers.

The below rules/expectations were developed based on years of experience of playing in good & bad leagues. I want this league to be your favorite/primary league!

League Settings:
    - Fleaflicker.com will be the platform for this league.
    - Free league. Side betting is your own business.
    - 16 team league
    - H2H Weekly Points
    - 22 players (9F, 5D, 1F/D, 2G, 5 Bench, 5 IR)
    - 2 goalie maximum, not including any any on IR.
    - Many scoring categories (+/- is not one of the categories). This is a POINTS league.
    - No weekly transaction limits. Stream if you want to.
    - Any player in the pool is available (even prospects and minors).
    - If you want to waste a bench spot on a prospect, that is okay.
    - Trading shuts down before league playoffs (starting in 2018-2019). No playoffs in 2017-2018.
    - Transactions shut down after league playoffs (starting in 2018-2019).
    - After the initial draft, transactions and trades will stay open until the NHL entry draft occurs. This is TBD.
    - 16 Keepers per year. In this inaugural year, there will be no keeper selections. You will keep all your players.
    - We will hold a separate draft of the 2018 NHL entry players (the class of Rasmus Dahlin).
    - Trades are only inspected by the Commissioner for collusion and harm to league. Stupidity is not protected.
    - You can keep less than the max # of keepers if you desire (to draft more players). If Fleaflicker setup allows this. (TBD).
    - Expansion drafts may occur to repair damaged teams.
    - Susbsequent years draft order will be lottery and tied to real life NHL lottery.
    - Replacement managers will be offered every opportunity/advantage to repair damaged teams.

League Activity, Expectations and Communication:
    - You must provide your email address, real name and home city to the league manager.
    - "Activity" is required, you may be replaced without notice.
    - One or more lowest ranked teams will/may be replaced after each season.
    - GroupMe required. In order to recieve an invite to this league, you must join our GroupMe.
    - GroupMe will be used to communicate business.
    - If you dont want to communicate on GroupMe, this league is not for you.
    - If you are not good at following directions, do not join this league.
    - If you want a quiet league, do not join this league.
    - If watching other teams stream players annoys you, do not join this league.
    - If you dont know how to change your team name and logo, do not join this league.
    - You will be booted from the league for any actions that are detrimental to the league.

Initial Draft:
    - The initial draft for this league will be done using the ?email draft? feature in Fleaflicker.
    - The draft order will be determined using a randomizer with results published to all.
    - The draft will be a snake draft.
    - For every pick that is made in less than 12 hours, you will receive one entry in a lottery for the first round pick in this years NHL entry draft (the Rasmus Dahlin lottery).
    - You will be booted from the league if you cannot be responsive/timely during the draft.
    - The draft will be started once the Commissioner determines we have 16 excellent team manager representatives.
    - Draft will be paused temporarily if we need to replace a team manager.
    - During the draft, replacement team managers will be allowed to switch any player(s) on their roster for any player(s) currently in the pool.
    - Replacement team managers will have 24 hours to make any changes in their roster.

If interested in this league... PM me with the following information (email address, first & last name and city+state/province of residence). Do not reply to this thread. If you have questions, you should also PM me. If you receive a GroupMe invite, please say hello when you are admitted to the GroupMe.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: New Fleaflicker League

Only 3 spots remaining.