Thread: Goalie interference - a return to sanity?

The Great One

Default Goalie interference - a return to sanity?

It seems as though the meeting on goalie interference has worked a little. I?m thinking primarily of the Tuch goal against Grubauer over the weekend and then LaDue?s goal last night on Talbot. Both were goals that should have counted and after brief reviews were counted. Prior to the all star break I?m pretty sure both of those would have been called off. Seems like for the most part the call on the ice is being supported as it should be.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Goalie interference - a return to sanity?

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    It seems as though the meeting on goalie interference has worked a little. I?m thinking primarily of the Tuch goal against Grubauer over the weekend and then LaDue?s goal last night on Talbot. Both were goals that should have counted and after brief reviews were counted. Prior to the all star break I?m pretty sure both of those would have been called off. Seems like for the most part the call on the ice is being supported as it should be.
    I am hoping this continues... especially the brief part!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

When was there ever sanity in this area to begin with?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    When was there ever sanity in this area to begin with?
    Ok - a glimmer of sanity then?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Expert

I think it's more of a pendulum swinging the other direction situation rather than a glimmer of sanity. The refs were instructed to refrain from calling goals back during the all-star break after Matthews' and McDavid's goals were overturned the week before so they've backed off. Almost immediately Hellboy gets slashed across the face by James Neal and Jake Allen gets forced out of his crease by 2 Bruins, both examples of blatant goaltender interference in my opinion, yet both goals allowed.

I see no sanity. What's interference one night isn't interference the next. As much as I hated the skate in the crease rule atleast it was consistent. Except for the most important game of the year of course.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

it's gonna happen. Game 7 stanley cup final, triple overtime...puck goes in, crowd goes wild, bench empties, gloves flying everywhere...and then.......goalie interference, no goal....

if your the opposing coach, you might as well challenge. what do you have to lose? it would totally ruin the celebration
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Pro

The Oilers have lost 16 straight challenges/goal reviews....in a league where there is no standard and nobody knows what the rules are.
    Not making an excuse for the Oilers pitiful season...but its strange. The hockey gods did us a huge favor with the McDavid lottery, I guess I have to accept that karma is coming back against us.