Thread: What to do with Allen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What to do with Allen

Hello all!

1st league in signature. Currently 3rd, but my goalies situation starts to kill me...

As Talbot is pretty much the only guy in Edmondon, and seems to find his grove back, I'm focussing on finding a solution for Allen.

Option 1 : Use my last FA, dropping Vrana and pickup Hutton. I'd have 3G (only one active) and ride with the 2 most productive. STL is a great team, so I'd maximize points production there... Though I'd cut my bench by one guy... because only one of Allen and Hutton would be "active"

Option 2 : Patience is a virtue, hope Allen gets the starting gig soon. I'd have a FA to use in case of LTIR

Option 3 : Try to trade Silfverberg for a cheaper guy (probably less productive) and then drop Vrana to get Elliot (PHI) trhough FA. I'd have 3 goalies, and maximize my moves.

Thoughts?
    League 1:
    2022-23 Champ!
    Keep 12, Points only, Salary CAP 96M$, 11 teams. 10 F, 4 D, 1 G + 5 bench
    Weekly lineup (H2H), 3 FA/year
    F: MacKinnon, Nylander, Larkin, B. Tkachuk, Eriksson EK, S. Jarvis, Newhook, RNH, Nichuskin, Keller, Raddysh, Tippett, Berggren
    D: Chabot,
    Byram, Durzi, Sandin
    G: Hill, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: What to do with Allen

Wait it out another week or so based on the STL game tonight. IF we see another stinker from Hutton, Allen may start to claw his way back in. If not, I would roll with option 3 as long as the downgrade from Silf isn't too significant.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Depending on the return for Silf , I'd go with option 3. I'd rather have the extra flexibility of the goalie from a 3rd team. If the step down from Silf is huge though, you'd probably be better off just grabbing Hutton. Not sure how big a step down you'd have to make though, if only because you have to do it through a trade.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Option 4: Hmm, can you trade Silfverberg for a goalie?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thx everyone! Option 3 seems popular! As for secret option #4, tried to reach few GMs and didn't get much feedback.

I have those 2 trades on the table:
    A. Silfverberg + 5th round for J. Bratt + 8th round.
    B. Silfverberg + 4th round for S. Reinhart + 5th round.

Even though Bratt has been more productive so far, I'd go with option B. Reinhart seems to get his sh** together having Eichel as a center. Thoughts?

After that trade, I'll drop Vrana for B. Elloit and roll with 3G.
    League 1:
    2022-23 Champ!
    Keep 12, Points only, Salary CAP 96M$, 11 teams. 10 F, 4 D, 1 G + 5 bench
    Weekly lineup (H2H), 3 FA/year
    F: MacKinnon, Nylander, Larkin, B. Tkachuk, Eriksson EK, S. Jarvis, Newhook, RNH, Nichuskin, Keller, Raddysh, Tippett, Berggren
    D: Chabot,
    Byram, Durzi, Sandin
    G: Hill, Schmid