Thread: Frost and Thomas

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Frost and Thomas

Already asked about Borgstrom. M.Frost and R.Thomas are also having a really good draft +1 year. Where do you rank them versus 2018 class?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Frost and Thomas

I'd have both behind Borgstrom and in comparison to the 2018 draft class, I'd probably have them somewhere in the #10 to #15 range. They offer similar upside as the players in that range but they carry less risk with them because they're a bit older and they've continued their development which shouldn't be taken for granted (sometimes development is stalled for whatever reason).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I drafted both Thomas & Frost to my WHL team, so I've been tracking them both closely this year.
    Pronman (on TheAthletic) thinks the world of R.Thomas. Loves his hockey IQ & overall pedigree.
    I love Thomas too... and traded a 1st round pick in our league's 2018 draft (prob. 10-15 overall) to get Thomas at pick #27 last year in July (i.e. BEFORE I had a subscription to TheAthletic).

[FWIW - in his top 50 drafted prospects, Pronman had Borgstrom at #5, Thomas at #6, Frost at #31]

With the info above & how I hear about the coming draft, I'd say Pronman would probably slide Thomas in with the forward prospect-group after the 2018 top 3 (Dahlin, Svech/Zadina).
    I think STL will be able to shelter Thomas' first couple seasons by playing him on line 3... but I can see them finding a slot for him on their 4F PP1 unit. He's sort of Keller/DeBrincat good with playmaking/vision/IQ.
    I think one also has to like Frost because of what the Flyers have stocked with current forwards.
    Assuming the Flyers are unable to sign Simmonds in 2019, their top six will be Giroux/Voracek/Couturier/Konecny/N.Patrick... and possibly Frost.
    Or Frost could be a 3rd liner.

If he's a 2nd liner (&PP2) for PHI... I'd say he falls 10-15 relative to 2018 class.
    If he's a 3rd liner (& no PP) for PHI... he's probably 20th or later relative to 2018 class.

TBH - I still haven't gotten a GOOD feel for Frost... but I absolutely LOVE everything I watch of Thomas.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    TBH - I still haven't gotten a GOOD feel for Frost... but I absolutely LOVE everything I watch of Thomas.
    You must have missed this last week then. Suspended for 5 games, 2 of those games are against the #1 ranked Soo. Not very happy with him right now.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I drafted both Thomas & Frost to my WHL team, so I've been tracking them both closely this year.
    Pronman (on TheAthletic) thinks the world of R.Thomas. Loves his hockey IQ & overall pedigree.
    I love Thomas too... and traded a 1st round pick in our league's 2018 draft (prob. 10-15 overall) to get Thomas at pick #27 last year in July (i.e. BEFORE I had a subscription to TheAthletic).

[
    Love the progress of Thomas. I traded up 7 spots in our draft last year to get Thomas at pick #27. All I had to do was swap a 3rd for a 4th in 2018 which will be about 10 draft spots this year.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov