Thread: Boeser for Tank??

The Great One

Default Boeser for Tank??

Cap league (105)- full dynsaty (in sig).

Trade Boeser for Tarasenko??

The full deal would be-

Boeser/Elias Lindholm/Neal OR Krug
    for
    Tarasennko/Aho/Tuch

If he wants Krug I will have 5 D still (OEL, Hamilton, Klefbom, Miller, Rutta)- just no bench (which is fine with me.

Is that enough to move Boeser? Im worried about trading his ELC. The contracts balance for now if we do this though- Id add just under a million which is what I have to spare...

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Boeser for Tank??

I am really curious to see what people say here. Similar thread about trading Matthews and his 1 year left of ELC for Crosby. Everyone except me wanted Matthews because of the huge cap value. This deal is very similar. For what it's worth I want I like the Tank side. I really like Boeser but the Canucks are still a poor team and will be next year. Take should get you 70-75 points with 35-40 goals. I expect Boeser will be close to those numbers this year but wouldn't be shocked if he only netted 25-30 goals with 50ish points next year in his sophmore year until the Canucks get an influx of their young prospects contributing.

Give me the proven Tank here. Although by the logic in the Matthews thread they should all be wanting the Boeser side but I expect the rule does not apply to non Leafs players.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Jedi

considering Boeser is on par with Tanks production this season. I'm probably hanging onto this kid. Especially in a cap league. it's next year he's really going to wow for the pennies on the dollar.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like the value Boeser provides in a cap league.

Which Aho is that? And are you really relying on Jan Rutta to play on your team? That seems like a bad idea to me.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I like the value Boeser provides in a cap league.

Which Aho is that? And are you really relying on Jan Rutta to play on your team? That seems like a bad idea to me.
    yea i didnt realize how much he had slowed- yikes! I dont have much in the way of re-inforcemnts- brought camel toe up- apparently hes getting a shot on the McDavid line?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In the other thread, I wanted Matthews over Crosby because it was youth at same position & cheaper. Not a lot of other things to think about, and I am NOT a Leaf fan. I am an anti-Penguin person, though.

This is similar, but Boeseer is less proven than Matthews. However, he's cheaper longer, and it's not a 1 for 1. I don't like giving up Krug with your D group, and I don't like you using up your last million in cap room, given your penchant for dealing. Have to keep the powder dry.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

So for clarity sake:

Tarasenko, Sergachev, Tuch
    for
    Boeser, Krug, Elias Lindholm

So Ill give my take although I am open to feedback and I am prepared to admit I may have misstepped (and if I have Id like to know so i dont do it again).

First off start at Tank. In our league he is beast mode with sogs as a category. I also feel like 7.5 for the next 6 odd years is a HUGE bargain for a superstar nowadays. Lastly I chose Tank specifically because I actually believe he still has another gear. Dont get me wrong I like this trade regardless- Im just saying I dont think anybody would be shocked to see a couple 90+ point seasons on his resume by the time everything was all said and done. Not much to say about Boeser- I dont want to trash him now that I moved him. I dont think hes a fluke- I think hes elite and Im hoping his contract actually still projects halfway reasonably (which was my big concern with Matthews). The only pluses are I skip the growing pains, add "elite" tier sogs, and bump my +/- (this league still counts it.

Sergachev for Krug is a bit of a hit short term hit- 55 to 45 pace- but the obvious upside is huge. I love Krug too but I worry about the fit as MacAvoy matures. I thought there was a lot of hype around Sergachev tbh- and was a little surprised he was able to be included (and coincidentally dont know a TON about him- REP for articles/analysis/comparisons!). Anyways this replaced Aho for Neal which was too much for him. Im not sure what I have here- but Im tempted to package him up for a star.

Lindholm for Tuch was a stipulation I put in. I needed the cap. I know Lindholm is immensely talented but hes shown virtuaslly nothing since I traded a first rounder for him this off-season- lol! Tuch is putting up similar numbers on an ELC with his own moderate upside. I needed this trade to take on Tanks contract.

So theres my thoughts?

Sergachev change things? Explanation change anything?

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would not trade Krug in that deal..to me Boser and Tank are even and Krug is clearly third best player in this deal. i would not want to loose him.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Oh really? Yikes- I thought I had gained value in sergachev- bit of a misstep there...

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Oh really? Yikes- I thought I had gained value in sergachev- bit of a misstep there...
    Don't fret too much. I am a Canucks Fan and I like the deal you made. I really like Boeser but I can see him with momentum posting similar numbers to Tank this year and then dropping 10 goals and 20-25 points overall to him next year. There is still growing pains there for him and the Canucks over the next 2-3 years. I think eventually 3rd or 4th season you see him mature into a Tank like player but that's where I put his ceiling which is unreal if he turns out to be the next Tarasenko.

Here are a few other recent examples of rookies who sophomore slumped or never each their full potential thereafter.

Jeff Skinner
    RNH
    Yakupov
    Mackinnon (although reached it this year but some lean years in between)
    Mitch Marner

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Don't fret too much. I am a Canucks Fan and I like the deal you made. I really like Boeser but I can see him with momentum posting similar numbers to Tank this year and then dropping 10 goals and 20-25 points overall to him next year. There is still growing pains there for him and the Canucks over the next 2-3 years. I think eventually 3rd or 4th season you see him mature into a Tank like player but that's where I put his ceiling which is unreal if he turns out to be the next Tarasenko.

Here are a few other recent examples of rookies who sophomore slumped or never each their full potential thereafter.

Jeff Skinner
    RNH
    Yakupov
    Mackinnon (although reached it this year but some lean years in between)
    Mitch Marner
    does a 55pt pace vs. 61pts last year qualify as a slump? or is that just season to season variance? A couple muli-point games and he is on a 60+pt pace (same as last year)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

I think this Is one of those trades that can be pretty close and work for both clubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    So for clarity sake:

Tarasenko, Sergachev, Tuch
    for
    Boeser, Krug, Elias Lindholm

So Ill give my take although I am open to feedback and I am prepared to admit I may have misstepped (and if I have Id like to know so i dont do it again).

First off start at Tank. In our league he is beast mode with sogs as a category. I also feel like 7.5 for the next 6 odd years is a HUGE bargain for a superstar nowadays. Lastly I chose Tank specifically because I actually believe he still has another gear. Dont get me wrong I like this trade regardless- Im just saying I dont think anybody would be shocked to see a couple 90+ point seasons on his resume by the time everything was all said and done. Not much to say about Boeser- I dont want to trash him now that I moved him. I dont think hes a fluke- I think hes elite and Im hoping his contract actually still projects halfway reasonably (which was my big concern with Matthews). The only pluses are I skip the growing pains, add "elite" tier sogs, and bump my +/- (this league still counts it.

Sergachev for Krug is a bit of a hit short term hit- 55 to 45 pace- but the obvious upside is huge. I love Krug too but I worry about the fit as MacAvoy matures. I thought there was a lot of hype around Sergachev tbh- and was a little surprised he was able to be included (and coincidentally dont know a TON about him- REP for articles/analysis/comparisons!). Anyways this replaced Aho for Neal which was too much for him. Im not sure what I have here- but Im tempted to package him up for a star.

Lindholm for Tuch was a stipulation I put in. I needed the cap. I know Lindholm is immensely talented but hes shown virtuaslly nothing since I traded a first rounder for him this off-season- lol! Tuch is putting up similar numbers on an ELC with his own moderate upside. I needed this trade to take on Tanks contract.

So theres my thoughts?

Sergachev change things? Explanation change anything?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    does a 55pt pace vs. 61pts last year qualify as a slump? or is that just season to season variance? A couple muli-point games and he is on a 60+pt pace (same as last year)
    I think a lot of people thought he would improve this year and push for 70.

The Great One

This is interesting food for thought. Ive been swayed from "never in a million years" to "Hmmmmm". I am competing this year- and I hadnt realized just how well Huberdeau was doing...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Sergachev changes one big thing: he fixes the lack of defense coming back. That makes the deal a lot better to me.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.