Thread: [Rumour] Could Nyquist be on the move out of Detroit?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Rumour] Could Nyquist be on the move out of Detroit?

Bob MacKenzie says keep an eye on Detroit and it's wingers.

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/20...s-trade-rumors

As the trade deadline is just weeks away, the rumor mill is starting to churn. Big names like Rick Nash, Evander Kane, Max Pacioretty, and Mike Hoffman are all topping the list of a seemingly oversaturated market. While the Red Wings are surely about to offload defenseman Mike Green, NHL Trade Insider Bob McKenzie thinks there may be a possibility that they can strike a deal with teams looking for scoring depth.

McKenzie took to Montreal radio waves to riff on possible trade scenarios ? and as FanRag?s Chris Nichols transcribes, it sounds like the Red Wings could be a ?bargain? option for the Preds:

I know Nashville ? well, they?ve been watching a lot of teams and you don?t read too much into where guys go, but I think they?ve been checking the Detroit Red Wings out. Gustav Nyquist is a player who could become available.
    McKenzie goes on to mention Tomas Tatar?s name as well. Obviously David Poile will push to add a star like Pacioretty or Hoffman, but the prices there have reportedly been lofty. If the Red Wings were looking to trade Tatar or Nyquist (they absolutely should entertain anything not involving 71/39), I?m sure a deal could be struck.

The fact that Nyquist and Tatar are tied up for longer could sweeten the deal for Poile. He?s obviously not shy to whip up big deals, so Ken Holland should be willing to get creative if the opportunity comes. The name of the game is shedding salary, and adding young players or draft picks. Plain and simple.

The NHL Trade Deadline is Monday, February 26th. We?ll be on top of all the latest Red Wings trade rumors leading up to the big day.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: [Rumour] Could Nyquist be on the move out of Detroit?

So many wingers available this year, some of them probably don't get dealt because there aren't enough buyers. Both Nyquist and Tatar have term left on their contracts, so they might be difficult to move at the trade deadline.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    So many wingers available this year, some of them probably don't get dealt because there aren't enough buyers. Both Nyquist and Tatar have term left on their contracts, so they might be difficult to move at the trade deadline.
    It's funny, if you read the quote above, the term on their contract is what could attract Nashville, not deter. He could probably get them cheaper because of this.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's funny, if you read the quote above, the term on their contract is what could attract Nashville, not deter. He could probably get them cheaper because of this.
    I think that's just Detroit media hoping term attracts buyers. Nothing there indicates that's actually true.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think that's just Detroit media hoping term attracts buyers. Nothing there indicates that's actually true.
    You may be right, but it also makes sense too. Time will tell if anything is true here. MacKenzie is the one bringing this "rumour" and I do trust him more than most.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You may be right, but it also makes sense too. Time will tell if anything is true here. MacKenzie is the one bringing this "rumour" and I do trust him more than most.
    I've given up trying to figure out what NHL GMs do at the trade deadline. Usually they only want expiring contracts because if that player doesn't fit in for whatever reason, you'll get rid of him the next summer. But who knows anymore - seems like some of them are trying things others wouldn't even consider, so anything is possible these days.

I don't doubt teams like Nashville scouting Detroit and their wingers - and that's all Bob reported there. Detroit media just turned it into a trade rumor. I'm sure they scout a lot of teams out of playoff contention, and they usually only make one trade or none at all, so most of that scouting job turns into nothing.

Dobber Sports Titan

I've given up trying to figure out what NHL GMs do at the trade deadline. Usually they only want expiring contracts because if that player doesn't fit in for whatever reason, you'll get rid of him the next summer. But who knows anymore - seems like some of them are trying things others wouldn't even consider, so anything is possible these days.

I don't doubt teams like Nashville scouting Detroit and their wingers - and that's all Bob reported there. Detroit media just turned it into a trade rumor. I'm sure they scout a lot of teams out of playoff contention, and they usually only make one trade or none at all, so most of that scouting job turns into nothing.
    I think it's more teams are willing to hold onto a guy with a yr left instead of GMs not wanting the term.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yes ....finally. Sell sell sell.