Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Move Saros??

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Move Saros??

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think Holtby is a tier above where Bishop was at his peak, so I feel it will be harder for an incoming goalie to supplant him directly. I still think Saros is a bit of a luxury for you right now.
    Vasi didn't really supplant Bishop either, it was a business decision for Tampa, and that's how I see it happening in Washington as well. Do you want to commit yourself to a 31-year-old goalie for the next 8 years at $10M or maybe even more? I doubt Holtby is willing to sign a short-term deal when his current one is over, I'm sure someone will give him that long-term deal even if it's not Washington.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Vasi didn't really supplant Bishop either, it was a business decision for Tampa, and that's how I see it happening in Washington as well. Do you want to commit yourself to a 31-year-old goalie for the next 8 years at $10M or maybe even more? I doubt Holtby is willing to sign a short-term deal when his current one is over, I'm sure someone will give him that long-term deal even if it's not Washington.
    It will all depend on how Samnsonov does if and when he comes over. I am quite curious, since following KHL players is really hard for most of us.

And don't get me started on Eric Staal. He was painting a downward trend so I got Burakovsky and a 1st round pick for him after his 54 and 39 point seasons, with shot rate and shot accuracy declining..... I would never do that deal now.. Thanks, Eric... Thanks...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    It will all depend on how Samnsonov does if and when he comes over. I am quite curious, since following KHL players is really hard for most of us.

And don't get me started on Eric Staal. He was painting a downward trend so I got Burakovsky and a 1st round pick for him after his 54 and 39 point seasons, with shot rate and shot accuracy declining..... I would never do that deal now.. Thanks, Eric... Thanks...
    Lol- goddamnit Eric...