Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Move Saros??

The Great One

Default Move Saros??

Team and league in sig- would you offer this:

My Saros, Krug, and Palmieri
    for
    Guentzel, Byfuglien, and E Staal

The salaries matchup- and Ive got a top 3 of Smith, Quick and Andersen. Byfuglien is getting up there in age but still a dominant option in our league- he'd be the prize. Id be asking for Staal back as he replaces Palmieris production in the short term at a discount of just over a million- it also adds value in terms of youth going the other way to make the trade more enticing. Lastly Id be gambling Guentzel has bounceback potential. I am a HUGE fan of Saros and was not planning on moving him. Im currently in 5th- and a trade like this seems to me like it would be (for this year):

Byfuglien>>Krug- in the short term
    Staal>=Staal
    Guentzewl>For this year

Thoughts? Is this enough? Too much? I get older but Im going for it...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Move Saros??

I don't see anything wrong with this, it certainly helps you now and it would be a fair trade both ways DEPENDING on whether the other guy is as high on Saros as you are. If he's a fan I can see him accepting this. If not, your kind of back to the drawing board. Put it out there and see what happens.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with this, it certainly helps you now and it would be a fair trade both ways DEPENDING on whether the other guy is as high on Saros as you are. If he's a fan I can see him accepting this. If not, your kind of back to the drawing board. Put it out there and see what happens.

I hear ya. The whole premise is around his interest in Saros and tbh Im not sure Im even going to make the offer- lol! Im HUGE on Saros. This seems fair enough but Palmieri has his own upside and I think the Staal/Palmieri side of this equation starts to tip back the other way pretty fast starting next year- lol!

I was thinking of adding Ilya Samsanov incoming- for my Z MacIntyre. Its not a trade I need to make- and those pieces give me a little added incentive to do it. Itd be nice to have the upgrade to my farm goalie if Im moving Saros.

Thoughts??

EDIT:

Full deal- Buff/E Staal/Guentzel/Samsonov for Saros/Krug/Palmieri/MacIntyre

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The deal seems fine to me. You have other goalie options, including Andersen, which makes parting with a young guy easier. You might also consider Smith heading out, unsure how long he has left doing this..
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

IDK long term if you’d want to do this. Buff is strong but long term at 7.6 you may be stuck with him. The cap doesn’t match up. You lose 1-1.5m of cap flex.
    If you’re going all in for this year I guess it makes sense but long term I’d stay away

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't see the Samsonov for MacIntyre addition significantly changing any thing here but if your more comfortable with that then by all means go for it. Bottom line, I think this makes you better this year and if that's the objective, mission accomplished. Perhaps you take a small step back moving forward, but it's a small step, it's not like you sold the farm to get this done. I still like it.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I was thinking of adding Ilya Samsanov incoming- for my Z MacIntyre. Its not a trade I need to make- and those pieces give me a little added incentive to do it. Itd be nice to have the upgrade to my farm goalie if Im moving Saros.
    I actually prefer Samsonov over Saros if you don't mind waiting an extra year. I think Samsonov can become a star goalie in the NHL and probably makes the jump to North America this summer.

The Great One

Staal was the deal breaker on the initial offer- and then talks degraded from there. Ah well- its a shame- I thought it was a win/win. Saros really is a luxury for me at this point but fills a real need on the other owners roster- maybe his only need (ranked 1st by a wide margin).

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I actually prefer Samsonov over Saros if you don't mind waiting an extra year. I think Samsonov can become a star goalie in the NHL and probably makes the jump to North America this summer.
    Question is, how long do we wait for WSH to be in a Bishop vs Vasilevskiy situation...? If it gets to that at all. Holtby is one hell of a goalie and I don't know how long it will be before Samsonov gets his shot.. Saros has Rinne in front of him, who looks rejuvenated for now, but is 35 and heading into the final year of his contract, with Saros being groomed as the future. While Samso may be the better player, he may be quite a wait, no? Do you have different indications?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Question is, how long do we wait for WSH to be in a Bishop vs Vasilevskiy situation...? If it gets to that at all. Holtby is one hell of a goalie and I don't know how long it will be before Samsonov gets his shot.. Saros has Rinne in front of him, who looks rejuvenated for now, but is 35 and heading into the final year of his contract, with Saros being groomed as the future. While Samso may be the better player, he may be quite a wait, no? Do you have different indications?
    I think Washington might be willing to move on from Holtby in 2020 when he's UFA and 31 years old. He's still a good goalie at that age but probably requires a huge 7-8 year contract (similar to Lundqvist) which wouldn't be a smart business decision if Samsonov is ready to take over (especially with Ovechkin and Backstrom getting up there in age as well).

So as said, an extra year of waiting. Saros probably takes over in 2019 and Samsonov in 2020. Of course he needs to prove himself before that, so that's why he has to make the jump to the AHL this summer. I'm just not a big Saros believer and I think he'll struggle with the #1G workload.

Dobber Sports Master

I think Washington might be willing to move on from Holtby in 2020 when he's UFA and 31 years old. He's still a good goalie at that age but probably requires a huge 7-8 year contract (similar to Lundqvist) which wouldn't be a smart business decision if Samsonov is ready to take over (especially with Ovechkin and Backstrom getting up there in age as well).

So as said, an extra year of waiting. Saros probably takes over in 2019 and Samsonov in 2020. Of course he needs to prove himself before that, so that's why he has to make the jump to the AHL this summer. I'm just not a big Saros believer and I think he'll struggle with the #1G workload.
    So basically, you see a Vas vs Bishop scenario playing out almost exactly. I am a bigger fan than some in Saros, mostly due to his team setup and the fact that they are grooming him to be the guy. He's also shown, in decent stretches, that he can put up fantastic numebrs. Hasn't had the opportunity of an extended run with the starting gig but I don't think it will be that big a struggle. I can see them starting him 60% in Rinne's last year to get him used to it, if Rinne is edging on retiring. If not, then he'll get the 40% share.

At the cost of acquisition and the wait, it may be simply more prudent to wait on acquiring Samsonov until he's at least crossed the pond and signed a pro contract to play in the AHL. Even if it does work out the way it did with Bishop, I can see it being a longer wait than a shorter one.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    So basically, you see a Vas vs Bishop scenario playing out almost exactly. I am a bigger fan than some in Saros, mostly due to his team setup and the fact that they are grooming him to be the guy. He's also shown, in decent stretches, that he can put up fantastic numebrs. Hasn't had the opportunity of an extended run with the starting gig but I don't think it will be that big a struggle. I can see them starting him 60% in Rinne's last year to get him used to it, if Rinne is edging on retiring. If not, then he'll get the 40% share.

At the cost of acquisition and the wait, it may be simply more prudent to wait on acquiring Samsonov until he's at least crossed the pond and signed a pro contract to play in the AHL. Even if it does work out the way it did with Bishop, I can see it being a longer wait than a shorter one.
    Saros has never played more than 47 games in a season, so it will be difficult for him to jump to 55-60 games all of a sudden in the NHL. He can be great when the workload is not too high. The Predators should have let him learn the workhorse job in the AHL, I don't like the way they handled his development. I do love the Predators as a team and agree it's a great place for a goalie but I think they might need to acquire a 1A/1B goalie to play with Saros.

And I know Samsonov hasn't had a big workload either but I'm expecting him to learn that in the AHL. I'm fairly certain he'll cross the pond this summer, and his trade value will probably be much higher when that happens. Washington GM went to Russia just to meet with Samsonov, and his situation in the KHL is not great (stuck behind a better goalie on a declining team), so I think they'll get him signed.

Dobber Sports Master

And I know Samsonov hasn't had a big workload either but I'm expecting him to learn that in the AHL. I'm fairly certain he'll cross the pond this summer, and his trade value will probably be much higher when that happens. Washington GM went to Russia just to meet with Samsonov, and his situation in the KHL is not great (stuck behind a better goalie on a declining team), so I think they'll get him signed.
    I will look for this. His SV% stats are still pretty good in the KHL, but as you said he seems on pace for less games being stuck behind the vet. I still envision a 3 year wait but will hope for 2. I would love to see what he can do in the A'.

As for Saros, I tend to agree when it comes to development. More starts is ideal, but honestly, he obliterated the AHL. Even if he had more work there, it wouldn't do much good. I actually think more starts with such a lower quality of competition will do more harm than good. They've yo-yoed him a bit this year to try and get him more games and I still think as we head into March he will get more starts as the team manages Rinne for the playoffs. I see the same thing in the cards with the 1B to Saros being 1A. I just think the 1B will be an older Rinne, on a two-year deal.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Superstar

if they are willing to accept absolutely though I cannot see the person with E.Staal being reluctant to hand him over for Palmieri as a replacement who's injuries this year hampered his production whereas Eric is having another solid season in Minnesota. Where the f*ck was this guy when he was in NY sigh.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Holtby is a tier above where Bishop was at his peak, so I feel it will be harder for an incoming goalie to supplant him directly. I still think Saros is a bit of a luxury for you right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.