Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1348

Thread: 2018 DobberBaseball League

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Phew - that was a close one!

Onto the final against Hockeyrobot - good luck! Well not too much!

Big Daddy

Won my consolation semi-final, won?t be finishing in last place! Kudos to Texas Bottleknockers, pretty much last place all season but will finish 7th or 8th. Tough luck for EB. Held the final playoff spot until the final week and now will finish 9th or 10th.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Phew - that was a close one!

Onto the final against Hockeyrobot - good luck! Well not too much!
    Man that was close. Down to the wire. Frigging SBs was a battle. Merrifield had 5 last week! He had 90 IP so my only option was to pray for solid early week stats then go all RP.

Goodluck horrorfan!!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Good luck to both finalists!!

#IWonLastYear so I won't be #bitter and will cheer for both teams in the finals!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Good luck to both finalists!!

#IWonLastYear so I won't be #bitter and will cheer for both teams in the finals!!
    I always come up short in Dobber leagues....and often in other leagues as well. Hoping this year is different and that Judge just mashes tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Won my consolation semi-final, won?t be finishing in last place! Kudos to Texas Bottleknockers, pretty much last place all season but will finish 7th or 8th. Tough luck for EB. Held the final playoff spot until the final week and now will finish 9th or 10th.
    I wasn't even paying attention this week and apparently didn't hit the IP minimum haha.

Good luck to the finalists!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Post Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Ok, a bit of a delay on this one as I was off yesterday after smashing my knees into the boards Sunday night. Swelled up to the size of grapefruits. Was pretty grosse.

Silenace of the Phams Eliminates Black Sox: 5-4
    - The Black Sox hitters got hot and made a run of it, taking away OPS from the Phams, and almost stealing RBI and AVG as well. A once large lead there by Phams was greatly decreased, but ultimately the Black Sox came up just short, and the HR and SB categories ended in a tie.
    - The Phams pitching got hot over the last three days, while the Black Sox hit a bump in the road (understatement?). The ERA and WHIP categories flipped in favour of The Phams, which ultimately resulted in their victory.
    - I have to say, this was an amazing finish. Each team got hot in the categories they needed to and couldn't fight off the other in the categories they held. To win by 0.5 points in a semi-finals is almost at tight as it gets.
    - Koodos to Black Sox for a hard fought series in their attempt to repeat and for their strategy of pitching volume which knocked me out of it.

Hockeyrobot Eliminates Tigertown: 6-4
    - Both teams held the stats they had strong leads in
    - Their hitting lines for the last 3 days were almost identical, however Hockeyrobot somehow managed to flip 1.5 categories giving them the ultimate win

Both of these series were incredibly close. Congratulations to the victors as well as the losers for putting up such a strong fight. On to the finals matchup:

Silence of the Phams vs Hockeyrobot: 3-7 (after day one)
    Current Matchup:
    - Hockeyrobot hitters come out hot taking a sizeable lead in RBI, AVG and OPS
    - Hockeyrobot wins the pitcher volume taking W and K but Phams had the better quality taking ERA, WHIP and SV+H
    Pitching Remaining:
    - Phams has Nola vs NYM (solid), Tanaka vs BOS (scary), Clevinger vs BOS (scary), Chacin vs PIT (moderate), Gibson vs OAK (moderate), Nola vs ATL (moderate), Hendricks vs CWS (solid)
    - Robot has Flaherty vs ATL (moderate), Hill vs SD (solid), Verlander vs LAA (moderate), Mikolas vs SF (solid), Corbin vs COL (moderate)
    - Phams takes the quantity here 7-5 (although Robot is currently up 2-1 so ultimately it's 8-7 Phams which isn't big)
    - I would argue that Robot has the better quality of starts (although Phams has 1 solid start already under his belt vs 2 moderate for the Robot)
    - The two BOS starts are scary for Phams
    - This is all based on no additional pitcher streaming and is subject to change based on strategy
    Hitting (7-day total):
    - Phams 12 hittesr have 4 hitters at 0.375+, 5 between 0.200 and 0.300, 3 between 0.100 and 0.200 with 9HR, 31R, 30RBI and 1SB
    - Robots 12 hitters have 6 hitters at 0.320+, 4 between 0.200 and 0.300, 2 between 0.100 and 0.200 with 13HR, 38R, 48RBI and 12SB
    - Robots have the current edge in hotness of hitters, now it's whether or not they can keep it up
    Historic:
    - These teams played twice this season with Silence of the Phams laying on the hurt in both matchups winning 7-4 and 9-2
    - Phams takes all hitting categories other than SB over the duration of the season, 5-1
    - Pitching categories are also in favour of the Phams 3-2

Given the current state of affairs, I have to give the victory edge to Hockeyrobot who seems to have safer starts and hotter hitters lined up for the final week. That being said, the Phams have been historically good and cannot be counted out. Good luck to both.

(I was never actually bitter PH, just trying to inject some humour. Always fun to root for the underdog. Now I don't have any hashtags left #)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Another fantastic recap.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Benching Judge on his first game back. It failed me with Abreu who went like 3 for 5 or something.....but then proceeded to go 0 for like 20.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Another intense matchup likely down to the wire. Not gonna recap like only Kofax does....but here is the current breakdown.

Currently 5-4-1 for HR

Runs: 26 -25 for HR
    HR: 7 - 6 for HR
    RBI: 24-21 for HR
    SB: 6-5 for HR
    Avg: .293 - .341 for horror
    OPS: .901 - 1.000 for horror
    Wins: 2-1 HR
    ERA: 4.61 - 3.25 for horror
    WHIP: 1.24 - 1.08 for horro
    SV+H: 2-2

Problem for me is I am not close to him in the ones he's winning. He is right behind me in the ones I'm winning.

Goodluck HF!

The Wolverine

This is so close! Sunday decider I'm sure!

The Wolverine

I go to bed up 6-4-1 and wake up down 9-2! Still close in a few categories so have a chance if my offense wakes up.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I go to bed up 6-4-1 and wake up down 9-2! Still close in a few categories so have a chance if my offense wakes up.
    Haha yaaaaaaaaa Im not sure what the heck happened there. Still close in almost every category. It's gonna come down to the wire.

The Wolverine

Great timing for my team to go cold. Oh well, congrats HR!

Dobber Sports Superstar

10-1??? That can't be right. I'll work my way through an analysis tomorrow just to wrap things up. (spoiler: it's closer than the score indicates).