Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37 77 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1348

Thread: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post

Good luck to the semi-finalists! (except Penguinhunter, I hope you lose, #Imnotbitter)
    The defending champ is coming out strong for the playoffs... sorry Baumers!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Still love these recaps....but holy crap Tigertown using the bye to a serious advantage. 5 SP going today. 3 tomorrow. 3 Wednesday.

Wins and Ks locked up with your eyes closed.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya my matchup with HR was close even though the end score not have seemed that way.

Thanks again boys for another fun year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Question for you guys. My other league - H2H points league. Win is 10, save is 10.

Norris lost his closing gig and we have 3 adds for the week.

Do I drop him for Gsellman or Betances and hope to get decent points from them?

Or do I keep Norris and hope he gets some stats and use the 3 adds to maximize pitching starts?

Thanks,

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ya my matchup with HR was close even though the end score not have seemed that way.

Thanks again boys for another fun year.
    Very close! I was worried all weekend and pretty much most of yesterday.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Question for you guys. My other league - H2H points league. Win is 10, save is 10.

Norris lost his closing gig and we have 3 adds for the week.

Do I drop him for Gsellman or Betances and hope to get decent points from them?

Or do I keep Norris and hope he gets some stats and use the 3 adds to maximize pitching starts?

Thanks,
    I like Betances. But he's pitched 2 straight. I might grab Gsellman because they face the Marlins the first part of the week. Then maybe switch off to Betances when the Yankees play the Jays.

Also depends how many moves you have per week.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I like Betances. But he's pitched 2 straight. I might grab Gsellman because they face the Marlins the first part of the week. Then maybe switch off to Betances when the Yankees play the Jays.

Also depends how many moves you have per week.
    Only 3. And everyone in the league usually uses them to maximize starting pitching for the week.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Only 3. And everyone in the league usually uses them to maximize starting pitching for the week.
    Well....hopefully you didn't do it today since the Mets game was PPD. But I guess that means doubleheader coming up?

Dobber Sports Immortal

This is incredibly intense.

The Wolverine

This is incredibly intense.
    Very tight matchups - will likely come down to Sunday's games.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Very tight matchups - will likely come down to Sunday's games.
    I need a Kofax recap to make me feel better

Dobber Sports Superstar

I need a Kofax recap to make me feel better
    You're lucky it's a Friday.... (but I don't think you'll feel better)

Hockeyrobot vs Tigertown: 5-5
    - Tigetown has a solid lead in runs and likely won't be caught and moderate lead in average
    - Hockeyrobot has a solid lead in SV+H and likely won't be caught and a moderate lead in ERA
    - Remaining categories are all very tight
    - Tigertown has 5 starters lined up for Sunday; deGrom vs BOS (scary), Quintana vs CIN (solid), Pivetta vs MIA (solid), Junis vs MIN (solid), Giolito vs BAL (solid)
    - Hockeyrobot has 4 starts remaining; Flaherty vs LAD (scary), Hill vs STL (moderate), Newcomb vs WAS (moderate), Verlander vs ARI (moderate)
    - Hockeyrobot will be hard pressed to take the W and K categories based on the games left and may want to focus on the ratios and SV+H
    - Tigertown's players have been relatively hot over the last week with 9 hitting .300+, 4 hitting .200+ and one at .176
    - Hockeyrobot's players have also been hot over the last week with 9 hitting .300+, 3 hitting .200+ and one at .190
    - Even looking at the historic stats, you guys split them pretty close. I have no idea how this one will play out.
    - Seriously. How are you supposed to make a call based on that info?

Silenace of the Phams vs Black Sox: 5-5
    - Phams holds a solid lead in RBI, AVG, OPS
    - Black Sox hold a solid lead in R, W, K, ERA
    - Remaining stats remain tight
    - Phams have 4 starts remaining; Tanaka vs TOR (solid), Clevinger vs DET (moderate), Chacin vs PIT (solid), Gibson vs KC (solid)
    - Black Sox have 7 starts remaining; Shoemaker vs SEA (moderate), Gonzalez vs PIT (solid), Buehler vs STL (moderate), Hamels vs CIN (solid), Lopez vs MIN (solid), Morton vs ARI (scary), Fiers vs TB (solid)
    - Based on this Black Sox should retain W and K, and Phams may want to focus on ratios and SV+H, which could flip in Phams favour
    - Phams have 7 of 11 of hitters at .300+ average, 2 at .200 plus and one each at 0.77 and 0.167 over the last 7 days
    - Black Sox have 4 of 11 of hitters at .400+, 2 at .292+, 1 at .261 and 4 between .100 and .200 over the last 7 days
    - Slight edge to Phams based on hitter performance which should help him hold onto his 4 of 6 categories
    - Categories are split historically as well. Tough to say who pulls this one out as well, but I think it will be Phams #stillnotbitter

Dobber Sports Immortal

Haha amazing! Rep to you sir.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post

Silence of the Phams vs Black Sox: 5-5
    - Phams holds a solid lead in RBI, AVG, OPS
    - Black Sox hold a solid lead in R, W, K, ERA
    - Remaining stats remain tight
    - Phams have 4 starts remaining; Tanaka vs TOR (solid), Clevinger vs DET (moderate), Chacin vs PIT (solid), Gibson vs KC (solid)
    - Black Sox have 7 starts remaining; Shoemaker vs SEA (moderate), Gonzalez vs PIT (solid), Buehler vs STL (moderate), Hamels vs CIN (solid), Lopez vs MIN (solid), Morton vs ARI (scary), Fiers vs TB (solid)
    - Based on this Black Sox should retain W and K, and Phams may want to focus on ratios and SV+H, which could flip in Phams favour
    - Phams have 7 of 11 of hitters at .300+ average, 2 at .200 plus and one each at 0.77 and 0.167 over the last 7 days
    - Black Sox have 4 of 11 of hitters at .400+, 2 at .292+, 1 at .261 and 4 between .100 and .200 over the last 7 days
    - Slight edge to Phams based on hitter performance which should help him hold onto his 4 of 6 categories
    - Categories are split historically as well. Tough to say who pulls this one out as well, but I think it will be Phams #stillnotbitter
    Brilliant, thanks!

Better night for me (Phams) thankfully to edge ahead, but nowhere near guaranteed at this point. Should be an interesting weekend!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Brilliant, thanks!

Better night for me (Phams) thankfully to edge ahead, but nowhere near guaranteed at this point. Should be an interesting weekend!
    No problem. Analysis always helps with engagement! Which keeps leagues interesting!