Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1348

Thread: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Big Daddy

Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

The best part of this league is seeing Uh-Ohtani (Batter) add Ohtani (Batter) off free agency.

Just two days left in the season and I?m looking to play the role of spoiler. As it stands now, my win over Eskimo Brother will see PenguinHunter leap frog him into the final playoff spot.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Just two days left in the season and I?m looking to play the role of spoiler. As it stands now, my win over Eskimo Brother will see PenguinHunter leap frog him into the final playoff spot.
    Mission accomplished. Sorry EB

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Mission accomplished. Sorry EB
    Thanks DD!

Dobber Sports Titan

That's payback for the PQMC last year eh?

I honestly thought I had the best set of bats going into the playoff weeks of the baseball league, and figured that might be able to carry me through. Unfortunately they went cold the week before, and now they don't get to show off. Hoping for an entertaining playoff with some upsets
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

I honestly thought I had the best set of bats going into the playoff weeks of the baseball league, and figured that might be able to carry me through. Unfortunately they went cold the week before, and now they don't get to show off. Hoping for an entertaining playoff with some upsets
    I disagree.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I disagree.
    I said some, doesn't have to be all of them haha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

The best part of this league is seeing Uh-Ohtani (Batter) add Ohtani (Batter) off free agency.

I needed it for the name!

He's done well for a young foreign player who had elbow issues to begin with. I'm excited to see his future. The most exciting thing is seeing him in the playoffs where he could be used creatively.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    No no no, I?ll get my pay back this hockey season.

This was more of a favour for PenguinHunter.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

No no no, I?ll get my pay back this hockey season.

This was more of a favour for PenguinHunter.
    Penguin Hunter very much appreciates you keeping his chance for the repeat alive!! It would have looked too much like the Canadian Football League if neither of the finalists from last year even made the playoffs. haha

Dobber Sports Superstar

Phams finishes up the season with a 6-4-1 win over Tigertown locking up the top spot and a first week bye.

Tigertown finishing second with a 4-6-1 loss to the Phams but holding onto the first week bye. They won't get a chance at revenge against the Phams until the finals.... if they make it!

Baumers finishes with a 7-3-1 win over the ballknockers locking up third.

Jobu squeaks by Uh-Ohtani 6-5-0 maintaining their fourth position.

Hockeyrobot holds on 6-5-0 over the Black Sox earning their fifth overall spot in the playoffs and will face fourth place Jobu week 1.

Despite a 5-6-0 loss to Hockeyrobot, it is enough for the Black Sox to overtake Big Brother who was drummed 2-8-0 by Asparagus, playing spoiler, allowing Black Sox to lock up the final playoff spot by 1.5 points. They take on the third place Baumers week 1.

Asparagus put fourth a solid effort winning 8-2-0 and played spoiler, finishing 3 points out of sixth. Uh-Ohtani barely lost 5-6-0 to Jobu and finishes 7 points out of 6th.

Looking forward to the playoffs! The season is in the past and doesn't mean much now, but....
    - Baumers squeaked by the Black Sox 6-5 in week 8 then layed on the hurt 9-1 in week 17
    - Hockeyrobot dominated Jobu during the season, winning 8-2 and 9-1 in weeks 4 and 13 respectively

Assuming the bracket doesn't reseed
    - Phams will play the winner of Jobu/Hockeyrobot. Phams only lost one of those four matchups to Jobu and barely at 5-6
    - Tigertown will play the winner of Baumers/Black Sox. Tigertown lost 3 of those 4 matchups, only beating the Baumers in week 2

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Asparagus put fourth a solid effort winning 8-2-0 and played spoiler, finishing 3 points out of sixth.
    That close eh? There was a number of times where I dropped points by benching the wrong player and I was hoping it wouldn?t play a difference in the season but it ended up coming back and biting me in the arse. Damn.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Tight week 1 playoff matchup heading into the weekend!

Baumers and Black Sox tied at 5-5 (how do the tiebreakers work!)

Hockeyrobot holds a 6-5 lead over Jobu

Looking to be a tight finish!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Tiebreaker is higher seed wins. Not ideal but better than it being h2h from the season or down to one specific category.

Going to be a tight finish this weekend!

Big Daddy

Wow, we are going to get two first round upsets in the first round.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The two lower seeds come out on top!
    - 6th seed Black Sox takes down the 3rd seed Baumers 8-3. The Baumers relied on their hitting all season to carry them through, and they seemed to have went cold at the worst possible time. Black Sox used volume in pitching to take most of the categories with a ratios meltdown over the weekend for the Baumers which sealed the deal.
    - 5th seed Hockeyrobot beats 4th seed Jobu 10-1. This matchup looks like a blowout, but in reality it was closer than it seemed. Hockeyrobot came out with the victory, but barely, winning HR by 1, AVG by 0.004, OPS by 0.055, W by 2, WHIP by 0.11 and SV/H by 1. A couple lucky bounces could have made this series a lot closer and potentially flipped the outcome.

On to the semis! It appears that the league did indeed reseed, meaning we have:
    - 1st Phams vs 6th Black Sox: Phams barely takes the season series which finished 7-3 and 4-7 for the Phams. It's interesting to note that these teams are neck and neck in the hitting categories throughout the season, with the Black Sox coming in just behind Phams in all categories except AVG, where they are just ahead (they are almost side by side in every category). Pitching is where it will get more interesting. Black Sox went heavy on volume, leading W and K but sacrificed on ratios ERA/WHIP as well as SV/H, so Phams holds the edge 3-2 in these categories. Overall, Phams looks to be the betting favourite and the overall superior season performer, but we've already seen that means little come playoff time!
    - 2nd Tigertown vs 5th Hockeyrobot: Tigertown dominated the season series with 7-4 and 8-2 wins. Hockeyrobot actually leads the hitting totals 4-2 as well as the pitching categories 3-2 over the duration of the season. Interesting to see the season series say one thing but the stats say another. We will have to see how this one turns out!

Good luck to the semi-finalists! (except Penguinhunter, I hope you lose, #Imnotbitter)