Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 26 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1348

Thread: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Big Daddy

Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Well I already dropped Rich Hill because I had way too many DL players, Murphy might be next.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Thatta boy Albies!!!

Albies scored all three runs for the Braves last night.... another home run!!

https://www.mlb.com/news/ozzie-albie...hi/c-277837778
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Well I already dropped Rich Hill because I had way too many DL players, Murphy might be next.
    I cannot believe Murphy isn't back yet. Have him in another league and just expected a couple week delay.....not 2 months.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Lovvvvvvvvvvve having a SP going at a 12:35 game. Just brightens my work day.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I just picked up a pitcher so I had one starting then too!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I just picked up a pitcher so I had one starting then too!
    Damn I shouldn't have said anything!

What do we think about Aguilar?? Any staying power once Thames is back?? ?

Big Daddy

I couldn't decide who to add last week between taking a chance on Austin Meadows or going with a utility guy in Daniel Descalso. Of course I picked the wrong guy and missed out on some big production in the batting categories. Made the switch now, better late than never I guess.

Thoughts on the rays using a relief pitcher to start all weekend?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thoughts on the rays using a relief pitcher to start all weekend?
    I don't mind it at all. Great to see a team take a different approach. Everyone but Snell has struggled and now Faria is hurt.

Dobber Sports Titan

I love the idea of starting RPs instead of SPs. What denotes a starter vs a reliever? Legit just if they throw the first pitch. A starter doesn't need to go 5IP.

It would be like teams saying, "You can't lead-off with Harper! He's your big hitter, why lead him off?!". Top of lines are loaded now, time to react pitching wise. You can get to the 6th inning pretty easily with the starter going 3outs, then your "Actual Starter" going 5IP and facing the top of the lineup twice. A big thing with babying pitchers is not to let them go over "twice through the lineup". This makes it easier and lets the starter work into a game on hitters 4,5,6 now instead of 1,2,3. Just look at the Astros lineup. Who would you rather pitch against to start a game?
    Springer, Bregman, Altuve
    Or
    Correa, Gonzalez, Gurriel?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I love the idea of starting RPs instead of SPs. What denotes a starter vs a reliever? Legit just if they throw the first pitch. A starter doesn't need to go 5IP.

It would be like teams saying, "You can't lead-off with Harper! He's your big hitter, why lead him off?!". Top of lines are loaded now, time to react pitching wise. You can get to the 6th inning pretty easily with the starter going 3outs, then your "Actual Starter" going 5IP and facing the top of the lineup twice. A big thing with babying pitchers is not to let them go over "twice through the lineup". This makes it easier and lets the starter work into a game on hitters 4,5,6 now instead of 1,2,3. Just look at the Astros lineup. Who would you rather pitch against to start a game?
    Springer, Bregman, Altuve
    Or
    Correa, Gonzalez, Gurriel?
    I agree with the premise of it... but I do not agree with the math behind it.

If your 3 out Starter comes and gets Springer Bregman and Altuve out in the first inning... then your 5 inning pitcher can't get them out in the 3 or 5th inning and they score 5 runs on your 5 inning guy, you have wasted a quality outing from your 3 out starter.

I think it makes more sense to save your 3 out guy for when your starter has pitched 5 innings and gotten through Springer, Bregman and Altuve a couple times successfully.

Either if you start your 5 inning guy in the 1st inning or the 2nd inning, he has to be able to get through the heart of the order once or twice successfully for you to have a chance at winning ball games. So save your better 3 out guys for when your 5 inning guy can hand him a close game for your team to win.

Does Choo get an infield assist on this play??

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/salvador-pe...ce/c-278213530

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with the premise of it... but I do not agree with the math behind it.

If your 3 out Starter comes and gets Springer Bregman and Altuve out in the first inning... then your 5 inning pitcher can't get them out in the 3 or 5th inning and they score 5 runs on your 5 inning guy, you have wasted a quality outing from your 3 out starter.

I think it makes more sense to save your 3 out guy for when your starter has pitched 5 innings and gotten through Springer, Bregman and Altuve a couple times successfully.

Either if you start your 5 inning guy in the 1st inning or the 2nd inning, he has to be able to get through the heart of the order once or twice successfully for you to have a chance at winning ball games. So save your better 3 out guys for when your 5 inning guy can hand him a close game for your team to win.
    I think the idea is to take advantage of knowing 100% the situation as the pitching team. You can bring in a guy who is lights out against the top 3 guys (Serg from Rays vs Angels) and know for a fact you'll get those 3outs (80% chance lets say). It's about knowing you have an 80% chance of getting the outs with no one on base.

Your starter could go 5 innings, and with 1 guy on, Trout comes up to bat and you bring in Serg. Trout gets that 20% chance hit and the guy on base scores. I'm no baseball expert by any means, which means outside the box thinking is super out of my realm, but I'm (now) thinking it's gotta do with the potential of guys on base.

And you get to settle your young "starter" in against lesser hitters. You wouldn't do this strategy with Kluber, but with the guys the Rays are throwing out there, could help mentally too.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Does Choo get an infield assist on this play??

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/salvador-pe...ce/c-278213530
    Did he get a RBI on the play that started it all in Game 5 vs the Jays???