Page 60 of 90 FirstFirst ... 10 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Here is more info.....

Ratings range from 0 (lowest) to 1,000 (highest). Your increase or decrease in rating depends on your team’s performance from the previous week. It factors in:

How often you win your match-ups - More wins = higher Rating.
    Rating of your competition - Beating a higher-rated manager boosts your score more than beating a lower-rated one.
    How well you have played most recently - Your performance from last season and this season has a much higher impact on your rating than prior seasons. As the season progresses, your Rating is weighted more heavily on the current season.
    Number of leagues you play in - If you’re successful in more match-ups (i.e. you play in more leagues and win more often) the more your rating will increase.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am a crappy ole bronze LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Weird how it has a rankings section, but it's not updated on the individual team pages.

For football last season, it was only updated on the individual pages.

I don't see it rolled out for hockey yet though. They always trail behind in hockey.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Weird how it has a rankings section, but it's not updated on the individual team pages.

For football last season, it was only updated on the individual pages.

I don't see it rolled out for hockey yet though. They always trail behind in hockey.
    Probably by 2020....

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Probably by 2020....
    That's when they will promise it, but it'll be like 2022
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Have you guys noticed the Ratings and Levels icon on the League page?? Yahoo now has a ranking system based on how good you are at H2H. Below is the blurb from Yahoo....Duster Dave is Diamond. WOW.
    That's kinda of cool that I'm rated so highly but for some reason I don't see it on our league page. I played in 3 fantasy baseball the leagues the past 2 seasons and finished in 2nd place in all 3 leagues so I guess that is why I am a diamond. But even thought I am a diamond, I come to you bronze folk for some fantasy advice in my other league. Should I use my #2 waiver priority on Scott Kingery to temporarily replace Daniel Murphy on the DL? 10 team H2H with a large emphasis towards power in batting categories.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    That's kinda of cool that I'm rated so highly but for some reason I don't see it on our league page. I played in 3 fantasy baseball the leagues the past 2 seasons and finished in 2nd place in all 3 leagues so I guess that is why I am a diamond. But even thought I am a diamond, I come to you bronze folk for some fantasy advice in my other league. Should I use my #2 waiver priority on Scott Kingery to temporarily replace Daniel Murphy on the DL? 10 team H2H with a large emphasis towards power in batting categories.
    He's not guaranteed to be starting to begin the year. The more consistent at bats will come later (assuming he sticks). So if it's a shallower league, then I wouldn't bother using it on him right now. If he gets through waivers, sure, grab him, but I don't think it'll make enough of a difference early in the season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    He's not guaranteed to be starting to begin the year. The more consistent at bats will come later (assuming he sticks). So if it's a shallower league, then I wouldn't bother using it on him right now. If he gets through waivers, sure, grab him, but I don't think it'll make enough of a difference early in the season.
    I agree. Can't believe all the hype on this guy right now.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Your defending champ..... is un-rated.... I guess I don't play enough fantasy baseball on yahoo?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Your defending champ..... is un-rated.... I guess I don't play enough fantasy baseball on yahoo?
    I see you as Gold......

Dobber Sports Superstar

It is now updated on the team pages.

Looks like I'm going to have 7 guys starting the season on the DL! Hopefully this poor early season luck means I'll be rolling come playoff time!

It is now updated on the team pages.

Looks like I'm going to have 7 guys starting the season on the DL! Hopefully this poor early season luck means I'll be rolling come playoff time!

I got room on my DL if you need to trade a guy!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Mad Bikin Baumers are Ready to Roll! (except for all our guys on the DL due to last weeks race (last time I mention the DL, I swear!))

madbumbobblephoto02.jpg

Dobber Sports Titan

Mad Bikin Baumers are Ready to Roll! (except for all our guys on the DL due to last weeks race (last time I mention the DL, I swear!))

madbumbobblephoto02.jpg
    I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this, but I have 0 DL players. Willing to take one on if he's a bit of an upgrade over the full season
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this, but I have 0 DL players. Willing to take one on if he's a bit of an upgrade over the full season

I offered first!

​​