Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 79 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1348

Thread: 2018 DobberBaseball League

  1. #1321
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,093
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    10-1??? That can't be right. I'll work my way through an analysis tomorrow just to wrap things up. (spoiler: it's closer than the score indicates).
    It was close until yesterday, and then HR pulled away. Still not as bad as the score indicates, but my team went cold at the worst time.
    Dobber Tiered Invitational 2018/19
    Smythe Norris Patrick Adams Campbell Wales Stanley

  2. #1322
    Kofax's Avatar
    Kofax is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,329
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    score.png

    Congratulations to Hockeyrobot who managed to pull out the victory in dominating fashion..... Or so it would seem! An excellent victory, but indeed a closer battle than a 10-1 score would indicate.

    7 point win in R and RBI
    3 point win in SV+H
    These were the categories that he maintained decent leads in

    The rest were very, very close and could have flipped the matchup either way:
    2 point win in HR and SB
    0.014 separation in AVG!
    0.060 separation in OPS!
    1 W!
    3 Ks!
    0.05 separation in ERA!

    The ultimate difference? Phams hitters just never got on track, and Hockeyrobots stayed the course, doing just enough to maintain his leads in all of the categories.

    Phams was hurt by a Thursday Tanaka start against BOS while Hockeyrobot had to contend with a poor Flaherty against ATL. Otherwise the rotations put up gems for more or less the entire week.

    Just goes to show you, all you have to do is make the playoffs, as HR gets himself in at 5 and then runs the table. Congratulations to Phams as the regular season champion and not really making it all that close as he almost dominated from start to finish. Congratulations once again to HR and thank you all for an excellent season.
    https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

  3. #1323
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Not gonna lie pretty surprised that happened. Didn't even think I'd make it past the first round.

    Thanks for another great year. I love this pool and love this site.

  4. #1324
    DusterDave's Avatar
    DusterDave is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,100
    Rep Power
    28

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Wow, that is a very tight championship matchup. Well done horrorfan and congratulations hockeyrobot! Onto year 3!

  5. #1325
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Congratulation hockeyrobot!!!

    I pass the title of defending champion onto you my friend!!

    See you all next season!

  6. #1326
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    score.png

    Congratulations to Hockeyrobot who managed to pull out the victory in dominating fashion..... Or so it would seem! An excellent victory, but indeed a closer battle than a 10-1 score would indicate.

    7 point win in R and RBI
    3 point win in SV+H
    These were the categories that he maintained decent leads in

    The rest were very, very close and could have flipped the matchup either way:
    2 point win in HR and SB
    0.014 separation in AVG!
    0.060 separation in OPS!
    1 W!
    3 Ks!
    0.05 separation in ERA!

    The ultimate difference? Phams hitters just never got on track, and Hockeyrobots stayed the course, doing just enough to maintain his leads in all of the categories.

    Phams was hurt by a Thursday Tanaka start against BOS while Hockeyrobot had to contend with a poor Flaherty against ATL. Otherwise the rotations put up gems for more or less the entire week.

    Just goes to show you, all you have to do is make the playoffs, as HR gets himself in at 5 and then runs the table. Congratulations to Phams as the regular season champion and not really making it all that close as he almost dominated from start to finish. Congratulations once again to HR and thank you all for an excellent season.
    A great final recap. Thanks again Kofax.

  7. #1327
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Congrats on the dub!
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G
    C: Eichel, Pettersson (C), Zibanejad,
    LW: Marchand, Couture (C), Parise, Dubois (LW)
    RW: Marner (C), Kessel, Keller (C, LW)
    D: Barrie, Yandle, Suter, Poluck
    G: Andersen (G), Dubnyk, Murray
    IR+: Karlsson

  8. #1328
    DusterDave's Avatar
    DusterDave is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,100
    Rep Power
    28

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Has there been this much movement in the offseason before? Iím really out of the loop but it seems like a boat load of big names will be on new teams this season.

  9. #1329
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Nope, this was the "big offseason" labelled like 3 yrs ago. But no one would think Puig/Martin/Tulo and such 3 yrs ago would be moved as well
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G
    C: Eichel, Pettersson (C), Zibanejad,
    LW: Marchand, Couture (C), Parise, Dubois (LW)
    RW: Marner (C), Kessel, Keller (C, LW)
    D: Barrie, Yandle, Suter, Poluck
    G: Andersen (G), Dubnyk, Murray
    IR+: Karlsson

  10. #1330
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Has there been this much movement in the offseason before? I’m really out of the loop but it seems like a boat load of big names will be on new teams this season.
    This has been very exciting. I am waiting patiently to see where Machado, Keuchel and Harper end up!

    I am also hearing rumours that the Braves are trying hard for Pollock!

    LF Acuna
    3B Donaldson
    1B Freeman
    RF Pollock
    2B Albies
    CF Inciarte
    C Flowers/McCann
    SS Swanson

  11. #1331
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Seeing this thread pop up again got me real excited.

  12. #1332
    GSD's Avatar
    GSD is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,256
    Location
    Hockeytown
    Rep Power
    30

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    I was in this league, and somehow missed this thread? Love the recaps Kofax ( almost as good as cbs). Look forward to the spring.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

    C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

    LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

    D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

    G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

    IR Ehlers, Hall

  13. #1333
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    I was in this league, and somehow missed this thread? Love the recaps Kofax ( almost as good as cbs). Look forward to the spring.
    Only 1300 posts to catch up!

  14. #1334
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Only 1300 posts to catch up!
    When/Where do I sign up for the 2019 edition? Getting really excited for fantasy baseball!

  15. #1335
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

    I think I will have to take a sabbatical this year boys. I just left for my deployed over seas to the Med and wont get home until July. I cant access Yahoo on the ship unfortunately so no sense signing up.

    Keep me in mind next season if an opening comes up!

    Good luck!

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think I will have to take a sabbatical this year boys. I just left for my deployed over seas to the Med and wont get home until July. I cant access Yahoo on the ship unfortunately so no sense signing up.

    Keep me in mind next season if an opening comes up!

    Good luck!

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think I will have to take a sabbatical this year boys. I just left for my deployed over seas to the Med and wont get home until July. I cant access Yahoo on the ship unfortunately so no sense signing up.

    Keep me in mind next season if an opening comes up!

    Good luck!


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Stepan, RThomas, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Bjorkstrand, Point, Konecny, MBacklund, NSchmaltz

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hart


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •