Page 16 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That's so weird, in my keeper league he's not there.
    Hmmmm did someone keep him? I've had issues searching keepers in Yahoo before the draft

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hmmmm did someone keep him? I've had issues searching keepers in Yahoo before the draft
    I had Darvish last yr and he's not even on my roster.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Trying my hand at my first mock of the season... pumped for this league again this year!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Just want to confirm we are 100% not starting this weekend. I will not be checking in... so if it does start be sure to PM me.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Just want to confirm we are 100% not starting this weekend. I will not be checking in... so if it does start be sure to PM me.
    Nope, we're not. And even if we were, we wouldn't put a clock on in on such short notice.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Heard it's unreal there. But yeah....I will be back from vacation March 1....but since we have so much time can we just hang tight til March 5 before starting??
    As we're going to have intermittent drafting, perhaps we could start on March 1st and that will be at least enough time to get everyone's early round prep done (especially HR who's away soon)? I'm away the 2nd-4th but if we start on the 1st then we might get a round or two (I'm early second round) before I head away. And then I'll be back on Sunday the 4th and could be in time for my 3rd (and maybe 4th) picks. Who knows, I may have a small window to make a pick during that weekend if I'm on the clock as well.

It could give us a bit extra time to get early rounds in before 2014OG heads away on the 7th(?).

I'm also 5 hours ahead of EST so if I can't do a weekday evening when most of you are online then I might be able to make a pick early the following morning.

Dobber Sports Titan

Mar 1st makes sense to me as a start date.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

I'm okay with March 1 as well but I think hockeyrobot was pretty adamant about starting March 5.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I'm okay with March 1 as well but I think hockeyrobot was pretty adamant about starting March 5.
    As long as you guys don;t mind if I'm real slow right off the bat...then ya March 1 works.

Dobber Sports Deity

Im good whenever.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

As long as you guys don;t mind if I'm real slow right off the bat...then ya March 1 works.
    If it helps, before you go on your trip, if you know who you're going to draft 2nd overall then let me know and I can pick for you? That way, you're not in a rush when you return and the rest of us can keep the draft going while you have time to prep before your next picks. As my timezone is ahead of most (all?) of you I could probably make your pick soon after Axeman picks first, depending on his availability that day, of course.

Generally, I think we need to get it started before the 5th since I can see it being tight to finish when 2014OG returns.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don't know if it will be tight though?? We have some of the most avid posters on the boards in this league.

The Wolverine

I don't know if it will be tight though?? We have some of the most avid posters on the boards in this league.
    Someone mentioned that last year it took a week and a half (correct me if I'm wrong) to complete the draft, and it went smoothly. We have a week after 2014OG comes back before the start of the season. Starting on the 5th would give us a couple extra days at most (depending on his draft position) before his break. That's why I thought we needed to start earlier.

Also, from my perspective, given my location, during weekdays anytime after 5pm EST and I'm done for the night. I figure a lot of the draft could happen in evenings, so if it turns out I cause a delay then we need a bit of extra time to make up for it.

Big Daddy

horrorfan makes a good point, most of our picks will be made after 5pm ET on weekdays due to work. With horrofan not being available at those hours, it'll really slow down the draft. It was me that mentioned last year went smoothly and it still took 9 days to complete. So when you take into the account, the different time zones and the amount of slow days (weeks?) we are going to have due to vacationing/being away, I think it's best to start March 1 at the latest. Also, we all know the first two picks will be Trout and Altuve anyways.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    horrorfan makes a good point, most of our picks will be made after 5pm ET on weekdays due to work. With horrofan not being available at those hours, it'll really slow down the draft. It was me that mentioned last year went smoothly and it still took 9 days to complete. So when you take into the account, the different time zones and the amount of slow days (weeks?) we are going to have due to vacationing/being away, I think it's best to start March 1 at the latest. Also, we all know the first two picks will be Trout and Altuve anyways.
    Or do we??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."