Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Next generation of D-Men crop to break out?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Next generation of D-Men crop to break out?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Fox
    Juolevi
    Liljigren

yep, I think they all have 50pt upside...

and if he can ever stay healthy

wildcard:

Jeremy Roy
    Good call on Fox. I forgot about him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ouch! I prefer to think outside the box myself but I dont care if people want to give me negative rep for doing it. I will get over it.
    Oh yeah I am over it... I think the negative rep was like 1 or 2.

The reason I had to comment was that he gave negative rep for my comment on this thread... but he hadn't even made his own comments on the thread. haha

I still think there is hope for Anthony DeAngelo to become an elite fantasy d-man if he could only find the right situation. A situation where he doesn't have to play big minutes 5 on 5 but can be the 6th Dman and play 14 minutes 5 on 5 and a couple minutes a night on PP.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

[QUOTE=lucafen4;1857344]Fox
    Juolevi
    Liljigren

Fox is a good pick. Juolevi Im becoming concerned with, but has no great competition in Vancouver. He should get a really good chance at becoming elite.
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Jedi

[QUOTE=Cdot588;1857350]
    Fox
    Juolevi
    Liljigren

Fox is a good pick. Juolevi Im becoming concerned with, but has no great competition in Vancouver. He should get a really good chance at becoming elite.
    Juolevi is having a good year in Finland 6-11- 17pts in 27. The thing with Juolevi is he's never going to WOW anyone with his offence. In the mornings, people will look at the score sheet and see Juolevi 1a.. at the end of the year, we'll see his stats and go.. huh.. how'd he end up with 45-50pts?

this is draft year +2 for him. It's not unheard of for Dmen to take a few years to be NHL ready. He was light when drafted, that's harder for a D to overcome than a F in the NHL. I suspect he'll get a good share of AHL time next year, but a few NHL games along the way
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Juolevi is having a good year in Finland 6-11- 17pts in 27. The thing with Juolevi is he's never going to WOW anyone with his offence. In the mornings, people will look at the score sheet and see Juolevi 1a.. at the end of the year, we'll see his stats and go.. huh.. how'd he end up with 45-50pts?

this is draft year +2 for him. It's not unheard of for Dmen to take a few years to be NHL ready. He was light when drafted, that's harder for a D to overcome than a F in the NHL. I suspect he'll get a good share of AHL time next year, but a few NHL games along the way
    I'm worried about Juolevi's ice time this season. A player like him should be playing more than 17:33 (just 12:55 in his last game, not sure what was up with that). Miro Heiskanen for example is playing 24:59. 23:29 for Joni Tuulola. 22:01 for Urho Vaakanainen. I would expect Juolevi to be in the same neighborhood with those guys.

Juolevi has just 4 points in his last 11 games, so that also worries me.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I'm worried about Juolevi's ice time this season. A player like him should be playing more than 17:33 (just 12:55 in his last game, not sure what was up with that). Miro Heiskanen for example is playing 24:59. 23:29 for Joni Tuulola. 22:01 for Urho Vaakanainen. I would expect Juolevi to be in the same neighborhood with those guys.

Juolevi has just 4 points in his last 11 games, so that also worries me.
    Nick Leddy is jealous

Fox
    Juolevi
    Liljigren

and if he can ever stay healthy

wildcard:

Jeremy Roy
    dont think liligren or joulevi will ever be that good. Lilegren is nothing special

as for Kylington. Yikes. He?s not gonna make the nhl

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    dont think liligren or joulevi will ever be that good. Lilegren is nothing special

unless Lilj was a Sen.. then he'd be a STUUUUUUUUUUUD

Dobber Sports Padawan

Shea Theodore?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Deity

Tell me where you buy your crystal ball. I'd love to pick one up. I guess we will see, won't we. Kylington's 22pts in 37 AHL games is impressive for a 20 year old. Lots of time to make the NHL.

Where's your list?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

For me, Dahlin leads the list by a wide margin. He's in a tier of his own.

After him, I'd have Heiskanen, Makar, and also Adam Boqvist from the 2018 draft class. Hughes, Bouchard and Merkley from the 2018 draft class definitely have the talent to join this group but they're a bit riskier at this point.

Erik Brannstrom and Henri Jokiharju could also become something special in fantasy hockey. Maybe Adam Fox as well.

Other personal favorites include Phil Myers and Conor Timmins but they're more well-rounded players instead of dynamic offensive players.

Pretty much all of these players require some time, though, so if you're looking for immediate production, then look at the guys who are already playing in the NHL. I was purely talking about prospects here.

unless Lilj was a Sen.. then he'd be a STUUUUUUUUUUUD
    no, never had interest in him and he is really bad in his own end. Leafs like to pump up their d men like Reilly who is an offensive bust so far

also I live in Ottawa but do follow every team and am not biased

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Tell me where you buy your crystal ball. I'd love to pick one up. I guess we will see, won't we. Kylington's 22pts in 37 AHL games is impressive for a 20 year old. Lots of time to make the NHL.

Where's your list?
    Alreadu posted Chabot who will put up 40 points next year

this isn’t about owning a crystal ball, we’re allowed to have strong opinions about players . I don’t see kylington making the nhl, he dropped all the way to 60th for a reason , his stock has been dropping for years now. 22 in 37 is nothing to write home about for a guy who is supposed to be offensive and has played against men since 2013-14

Dobber Sports Pro

Leafs like to pump up their d men like Rielly who has broken out this year and has a 54 point 82 game scoring pace so far
    Fixed that for you.

Dobber Sports Jedi

no, never had interest in him and he is really bad in his own end. Leafs like to pump up their d men like Reilly who is an offensive bust so far

also I live in Ottawa but do follow every team and am not biased
    80% of posts are on Sens players - there's bias if you comment on the majority of one team.

Rielly on the other hand. Not sure you can call an offensive bust when he's 12th in NHL scoring for Dmen currently

31 in 47 - 54pt pace.