Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Next generation of D-Men crop to break out?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Next generation of D-Men crop to break out?

Hey guys,

Who do you have as the next generation of D-Men crop to break out and become elite fantasy assets?

Thanks
    12-team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (10 keepers)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, SHOTS BLOCKED, W, GAA, Saves, Save%

Original draft was 2015
    Year #1 = Tanked hard (finished last)
    Year #2 = Playoff League Champion
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)
    Potential Keepers : J.Saros, T.Demko, M.Sergachev, M.Duchene, J.Puljujarvi.
    Other Players: Not worth mentioning...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Next generation of D-Men crop to break out?

Rasmus Andersson
    Jordan Schmaltz
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Chabot.

I dont know if McAvoy and Sergachev can be included in that list but they are definitly the next best elite D in the league.
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Agree on McAvoy, Sergachev and Chabot. Provorov and Werenski are other ones. They are already well known names but if I understand the question, these are the next generation of elite D (right now they are ok but not elite yet). They have the potential to be top 20 in any given year for the next 10 year.

Depending on the definition of elite, Jones is already there or not but I think he's not done rising to the elite group.

We can already add Dahlin to this list.

I hope Girard becomes the next Gostisbehere and probably 20 top D prospects have the potential to become an elite D but right now anyone's guess is as good as the other.

Dobber Sports Icon

where does Chychrun fit here ? i know hes on a baaaad ARZ team, but he does have some potential no?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Rasmus Andersson
    Jordan Schmaltz
    Since some people are tossing around negative rep I guess I better explain my thoughts.

The question is the next generation to break out and become elite.

So I picked some names that are outside the popular names... McAvoy, Werenski, Chabot, Provorov... these are players already making a name for themselves in the NHL so one could consider that as already breaking out (or breaking into the NHL)

I went deeper and looked at some players outside the NHL that are scoring at a decent pace in the AHL.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Since some people are tossing around negative rep I guess I better explain my thoughts.

So I picked some names that are outside the popular names... McAvoy, Werenski, Chabot, Provorov... these are players already making a name for themselves in the NHL so one could consider that as already breaking out (or breaking into the NHL)

I went deeper and looked at some players outside the NHL that are scoring at a decent pace in the AHL.
    Heiskanen, Branstrom, Makar better options. Don't consider your guys elite level
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Deity

Someone gave you negative rep for your reply here? LOL! Man, some harsh folks around these days.

I'll throw a few names out there who are coming down the pipe that people need to be paying more attention to.

Phillipe Myers
    Oliver Kylington
    Jake Bean

I dont know if any of them will every become "elite fantasy options" as the OP has requested but I am high on all three of these kids.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Someone gave you negative rep for your reply here? LOL! Man, some harsh folks around these days.

I'll throw a few names out there who are coming down the pipe that people need to be paying more attention to.

Phillipe Myers
    Oliver Kylington
    Jake Bean

I dont know if any of them will every become "elite fantasy options" as the OP has requested but I am high on all three of these kids.
    Careful Axeman, you might get some negative rep because those aren't household names. haha

Yup I pretty much got Negative Rep for thinking outside of the box and not saying the typical major names that get discussed daily on the threads.

And Phillipe Myers was one I was going to mention as well... but I figured I might just be biased as a Flyers Fan so I left him alone.

​​

Quote Originally Posted by Cdot588 View Post
    Heiskanen, Branstrom, Makar better options. Don't consider your guys elite level
    That is a matter of opinion that you don't consider those guys elite level... they are scoring at a decent pace in the AHL so who knows? The AHL is a step closer to the NHL than the guys you mentioned.

AS for your guys there is risk that they don't become elite level either:

Heiskanen - How will he adjust to playing in North America?

Brannstrom - Only 7 points in 34 games in the SHL? Is that proof that he will be elite? Dahlin has 16 in 34 games for comparison. and how will Brannstrom coming to North American ice effect him?

Makar - Yeah he ripped up Secondary junior leagues in Canada, but he is not scoring at a point per game pace in college. Mike Reilly scored at a point per game pace in college and what is he doing in the NHL? Another comparable I have for Makar is DeAngelo... great offensive asset but can't play defense and therefore he is not an elite NHL defenseman.

​​

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Seth Jones
    12 team, keep 7.
    Goals 3pts, Assists 2pts. SOG, Hits, Blocks, 0.5pts. GWG/PPG 1pt, FW 0.2pts, FL -0.1pts. Forward/Defense
    Goalie Start 1pt, wins 4pts, Losses -1pts, Goals against -1pts, Saves 0.2pts, Shutouts 2pts. Goalie

Centre: Mcdavid, Scheifele
    Left Wing: Ovechkin, Skinner
    Right Wing: Wheeler, Laine
    Defense: Byfuglien, Myers, Heiskanen
    Bench: Skinner, Pettersson, Svechnikov,
    Goalie: Hutton, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Careful Axeman, you might get some negative rep because those aren't household names. haha

Yup I pretty much got Negative Rep for thinking outside of the box and not saying the typical major names that get discussed daily on the threads.

And Phillipe Myers was one I was going to mention as well... but I figured I might just be biased as a Flyers Fan so I left him alone.
    Ouch! I prefer to think outside the box myself but I dont care if people want to give me negative rep for doing it. I will get over it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Fox
    Juolevi
    Liljigren

yep, I think they all have 50pt upside...

and if he can ever stay healthy

wildcard:

Jeremy Roy
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

[QUOTE=PenguinHunter;1857339]That is a matter of opinion that you don't consider those guys elite level... they are scoring at a decent pace in the AHL so who knows? The AHL is a step closer to the NHL than the guys you mentioned.

AS for your guys there is risk that they don't become elite level either:

Heiskanen - How will he adjust to playing in North America?

Brannstrom - Only 7 points in 34 games in the SHL? Is that proof that he will be elite? Dahlin has 16 in 34 games for comparison. and how will Brannstrom coming to North American ice effect him?

Makar - Yeah he ripped up Secondary junior leagues in Canada, but he is not scoring at a point per game pace in college. Mike Reilly scored at a point per game pace in college and what is he doing in the NHL? Another comparable I have for Makar is DeAngelo... great offensive asset but can't play defense and therefore he is not an elite NHL defenseman.[/

Yes, every player has risk. These players just have a much higher pedigree. Here's a good question for you, which would you rather own? Any of the guys I listed or yours? Because I personally would trade both of the guys you listed to own just one of the ones I did in nearly any league lol
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill