Thread: My Backstrom & Wennberg for Granlund & Pettersson?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default My Backstrom & Wennberg for Granlund & Pettersson?

I'm in a 16 team, points only keeper league.

I've been offered Mikael Granlund, Elias Pettersson, and a 4th round pick for my Nicklas Backstrom, Alexander Wennberg, and an 8th round pick.

Thoughts?

I'm currently in rebuild mode.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]16 team keeper league

Lineup - 9FWD, 4D, & 1G
    Keep - 6FWD, 3D, & 1G
    Points - 1PT Goal, 1PT Assist, 2PTS Win, 2PTS SO

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: My Backstrom & Wennberg for Granlund & Pettersson?

I prefer the Backstrom side. I don't think he is too old to be trading away. But as keeper leagues go he is passed the 30 age which means this will likely be the best offer you get for him.

So if you are needing to get rid of him... then I would.

But I think his production for the next couple years is better than the other side of the trade.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm with PenguinHunter here. If your rebuild is going to be a long one, now is probably the best time to trade Backstrom; but if your window is more within the next 1-3 seasons, I definitely prefer the Backstrom side.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would do it... but I'm really high on Pettersson. I don't think it will take EP very long to surpass Wennberg and by a fair margin. To me it's worth the downgrade from Backstrom to Granlund.. That said, if this is the 1st offer. I'd counter asking for a 1st. If that's the only change to the deal... you should be able to bump that pick. That or add a prospect and keep it a 4th. IMO.. there should be room to improve your return
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

No way. Backstrom is the best player by a fair margin. Granlund is notorious for getting hurt and does not have the pedigree that Backstrom has, I don't care how old the latter is. I also think that Wennberg is better than his showing this year.

Petterson is an outstanding prospect, but I don't know if it's worth that kind of downgrade.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck