Thread: Price for MacKinnon ??

Dobber Sports Rookie

Question Price for MacKinnon ??

I?m in a 12 team head to head keeper league. Cats are: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BLK W,GAA,S%,SHO.
    Keep 7 players one of which has to be a player 23 or younger by the start of the season. This is my list of potential keepers:

Gaudreau
    Liane
    Getzlaf
    Johansen
    Point
    Marner
    E. Kane

Provorov
    Giordano
    Hamilton

Price
    F. Andersen

I am working on a deal that see Price get moved for MacKinnon what do you guys think? Now that he’s injured is it still worth the deal? And if things don’t totally work out my way and I need to add another player in do you think Price and Getzlaf for MacKinnon and Duchene is a good trade? I say Duchene only because Ottawa has a good schedual come fantasy hockey playoffs and may be a decent buy low player. Lemme know your thoughts, even your opinion on keepers if you’d like

Thanks
    Justin

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Price for MacKinnon ??

I think you need an update on the extent of Macks' injury to answer that part of your question - that said, this only matters if you're in contention. If you're out of it. It matters little.

knowing the rest of your roster as well as what cats you use will help to provide better answers
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Points only? If so, Montr?al will be in a rebuild process for the next few years, so if Price isnt trade, his value will highly decrease. If you can get MacKinnon for him, I would clearly pull the trigger, even if you have to give up a little more. But I'm not sure I'll go as far as Getzlaf vs Duchene to make the deal happen. The difference is huge between those 2.
    League 1: 10 teams Points only (Best 9F, 4D and 1G count for the season and best 8 for the playoff). Drop 4 players before a 4 round draft before season. Mini draft during all star week-end (drop one pick one available).

F: MacKinnon, Pettersson, Eichel, Barkov, Stone, Ehlers, Necas, Huberdeau, Zacha, Boldy, , Lafreniere, Cozens, Vilardi
    D: Dobson, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Seider, Bouchard, Matheson, Clarke
    G: Vasilievski, Sorokin

League 2: 14 teams, same setting.

F: Rantanen, Kyrou, Barkov, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis, Lundell, Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Norris, Reichel, Rossi
    D: Dahlin, McAvoy, Addison, Krug, Lundkvist, Clarke
    G: Sorokin, Demko

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sorry of course the cats matter when choosing players, it’s G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BLK, W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    and I’m currently in 4 the place would be tough to catch the leader but in a decent playoff position

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrera07 View Post
    Sorry of course the cats matter when choosing players, it’s G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BLK, W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    and I’m currently in 4 the place would be tough to catch the leader but in a decent playoff position
    I hold... you need to know how bad mack's shoulder injury is. Also curious how many G's you start & who your 3rd G is

Dobber Sports Rookie

We can play 2 goalies each day with a minimum of 3 plays per week I don’t have a 3rd goalie and would either have to acquire one from a bottom team searching for some low picks or pick one up off waivers. My concern is that I’m going to hold onto Price for to long and his trade value will fall if I don’t move him soon

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrera07 View Post
    We can play 2 goalies each day with a minimum of 3 plays per week I don’t have a 3rd goalie and would either have to acquire one from a bottom team searching for some low picks or pick one up off waivers. My concern is that I’m going to hold onto Price for to long and his trade value will fall if I don’t move him soon
    Then you need to make sure you acquire another goalie, or make sure whatever deal you make includes another goalie. You can't go around with an empty spot or a plug in one of your goalie spots.

Any decent tenders on the waiver wire?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Then you need to make sure you acquire another goalie, or make sure whatever deal you make includes another goalie. You can't go around with an empty spot or a plug in one of your goalie spots.

Any decent tenders on the waiver wire?
    This was my thought for your ROS. Might be worth looking into Allen/Miller as a handcuff for your other goalie slot, since the Ducks have a nice playoff schedule for you. I'd need both though, considering they're both made of glass.

Edit: If you're set on moving Price sooner than later, that is.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would argue strongly that this is NOT a good time to be trading Price. First, he's years away from decline. Second, his team has played like shit and he's suffered as a result. Not to mention he's played like shit himself (see start of season). Two years ago, Price owners would have asked for this years Mack + due to his elite level dominance.

but without a 3rd G, you just can't afford to trade him. Esp. if you're in the hunt

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would argue strongly that this is NOT a good time to be trading Price. First, he's years away from decline. Second, his team has played like shit and he's suffered as a result. Not to mention he's played like shit himself (see start of season). Two years ago, Price owners would have asked for this years Mack + due to his elite level dominance.

but without a 3rd G, you just can't afford to trade him. Esp. if you're in the hunt
    I agree with this analysis. If Mackinnon wasn't hurt, and you had a 3rd viable goalie to pickup the slack for you whil in contention, I'd be willing to do it, as you have a guy whom I consider a better keeper option in net. If you had no player who was young enough to be kept, and Mackinnon fit there, that would be a bonus. Take a look to see if anyone out of contention has a goalie you like and no good youth keeper. I'd then offer them Marner, and see if you can get that 3rd goalie to open up your options, and enable you to do a bit more for the playoffs.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.