Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: #BellLetsTalk - Mental Health awareness day

Dobber Sports Icon

Default #BellLetsTalk - Mental Health awareness day

Big day here in Canada. Bell Let's Talk Day. To support mental health....you probly know somebody that suffers, i know a few.

Today, every view counts. Bell will donate 5? to mental health initiatives for every view of this video. #BellLetsTalk https://t.co/skLPyZj4RJ
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: #BellLetsTalk - Mental Health awareness day

Thanks for kick starting this Finnys!

Dobber Sports Veteran

https://letstalk.bell.ca/en/

For every applicable text, mobile and long distance call, tweet using #BellLetsTalk, Bell Let’s Talk Day video view on social media, use of the Bell Let’s Talk Facebook frame or Snapchat filter, Bell will donate 5? to Canadian mental health initiatives. Let’s work together to create a stigma-free Canada!
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

1.36 Million views already.... lets keep this going!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports All-Star

Great cause.

Dobber Sports Jedi

love it! I clicked, wouldn't play due to stupid work computer... click again at home.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    If you haven't had a chance to check this out yet, I highly recommend it.
    Kudos to Paul Ranger for doing this as I think it will help many of those suffering in silence like he did.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/tsn-ori...railer~1311597
    Great video, the Jays prospect video is good too!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

I've retweeted #BellLetsTalk as often as I could today. Will do so until the calendar changes tonight.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

Saw a couple tweets from players making personal donations as well. Can't remember who it was specifically (maybe Couture or Pavelski? I think it was a Shark), but whoever it was committed to match the 5 cents per tweet Bell is donating, which is just massive. As someone whose life has been shaped so much by my own struggles with OCD and my loved ones' mental health challenges, this is one of the charity events every year that I'm immeasurably grateful for. I always want to make sure everyone knows how fantastic it is to be able to openly talk about it without feeling judged, and how much it helps.

From someone whose life this makes better:

Thank you to everyone who participates, and especially to anyone who takes the time to listen and try to understand.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Did anyone see the intro to Hockey Central with Daren Millard doing a little intro on Let's Talk.?? Any idea what that was about??

Dobber Sports Titan

I had a "friend" post a massive FB post (and he's in his mid-20s) pretty much saying anyone who's depressed needs to go outside because they are just lazy. Here's the full post, it's good because it shows the total ignorance of the world on mental health still. I think the guys had 1 too many head injuries personally to say stuff like this:

Let's talk. Bahaha. That's all anyone does. Look at me doing the same thing. Let's not talk, if you got a problem. Take some action, all this talk and shit is pathetic. Talking about our feelings got us to this great place where I can't say "excuse me sir" without them being like did you just assume my gender, take my rights away and of course rape and/or sexually harrass me. Keep talking "I feel sad and depressed". Probably because you are a lazy piece of shit with no goals and aspirations, too busy looking at other peoples lives through social media and wondering why that shit doesn't happen to you and now you are depressed. GO OUTSIDE, MAKE SOME FRIENDS, DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF AND STOP CARING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS. Remember they all go home and cry like losers too, who cares what they think. I just came out and made a huge post about my very strong one sided opinion. How? Because I don't care if you get sad reading it, I literally don't care if you read it or ignore it. Realistically if you had something better to do with your time you wouldn't have gotten offended by it in the first place.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I had a "friend" post a massive FB post (and he's in his mid-20s) pretty much saying anyone who's depressed needs to go outside because they are just lazy. Here's the full post, it's good because it shows the total ignorance of the world on mental health still. I think the guys had 1 too many head injuries personally to say stuff like this:
    Complete ignorance and attention seeking!

When someone in my family was going through depression the health workers gave our family a list of things to remember.

#1 on that list was -It's not a choice! They are not choosing to be like this and are not enjoying this. They badly want to come out from this crippling state.

# 2 on the list counterproves his theory Saying things like 'you're fine' 'you just need to get out more' 'you're thinking too much' is not going to help.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That is very ignorant. Just shows in some ways, if you haven't experienced it then you truly don't understand the illness. I find it crazy this guy thinks that people who are depressed are "probably because you are a lazy piece of shit", I had a friend who committed suicide a little over a year ago now and he worked all the time, was married, a life some people would have loved to had but he battled with mental illness for almost 10 years until it got too much for him. He also had lots of friends so it's not as cut and dry of a condition as this guy likes to think. When I was in my early 20's I battled with mental illness and had some pretty dark times but I was lucky I had a good support system around me, I feel sorry for some that don't and feel the need to end their own lives. That's why I love this 'Lets Talk' day, it's getting rid of the stigma associated with talking about mental illness and that is one of the big keys to overcoming it, is to keep talking about it. Work through your problems, talk to a friend, family member, anyone really.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Extremely attention seeking behaviour right there. Why even bother to post that/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Campaign raised close to 7 million dollars yesterday.

Overall since the campaign started several years ago Bell has raised close to 93 million dollars.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster