Thread: May be getting Elias Pettersson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default May be getting Elias Pettersson

I have been wanting Pettersson for a while now. I may want him too bad. You be the judge. I currently have an offer on the table. My signature is not updated so you can't fully use that as another trade as not been processed yet but is confirmed. I am in 1st place in my division and I feel like I can hang on. It should be a good race though. This trade involves me trading for Hudon. Which shouldn't be a problem since me and the owner of him and I have made multiple trades and are on good grounds with each other.

I would give up:

Couturier
    Montour
    Hudon
    T.Terry
    2nd round pick roughly 17th overall in the 2018 rookie draft

for

Elias Pettersson
    David Savard (Alexander Edler is available in free agency)
    Max Domi
    Tom Wilson (Could drop Wilson for Gaborik, D.Ryan, Eakin, Panik, Wood, Nelson)
    1st round pick 2018 rookie draft ( 3rd best chances in the lottery most likely)

I know Couturier is pretty solid. But do you think it is worth it for me to move back a bit and hope I can ride out this season with the win and gain Pettersson and possibly Dahlin or Zadina? Plus Domi could bounce back as well.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: May be getting Elias Pettersson

Petterson and dahlia
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    I have been wanting Pettersson for a while now. I may want him too bad. You be the judge. I currently have an offer on the table. My signature is not updated so you can't fully use that as another trade as not been processed yet but is confirmed. I am in 1st place in my division and I feel like I can hang on. It should be a good race though. This trade involves me trading for Hudon. Which shouldn't be a problem since me and the owner of him and I have made multiple trades and are on good grounds with each other.

I would give up:

Couturier
    Montour
    Hudon
    T.Terry
    2nd round pick roughly 17th overall in the 2018 rookie draft

for

Elias Pettersson
    David Savard (Alexander Edler is available in free agency)
    Max Domi
    Tom Wilson (Could drop Wilson for Gaborik, D.Ryan, Eakin, Panik, Wood, Nelson)
    1st round pick 2018 rookie draft ( 3rd best chances in the lottery most likely)

I know Couturier is pretty solid. But do you think it is worth it for me to move back a bit and hope I can ride out this season with the win and gain Pettersson and possibly Dahlin or Zadina? Plus Domi could bounce back as well.
    or Svechnikov??.

as far as trades go, I don't mind it for you. As far as trades go while in 1st place, I think you're risking a lot to get prospects. you're not getting much to replace couts or Montour -- that's my concern.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    or Svechnikov??.

as far as trades go, I don't mind it for you. As far as trades go while in 1st place, I think you're risking a lot to get prospects. you're not getting much to replace couts or Montour -- that's my concern.
    I totally see what you are saying. I gave up Oesterle Anisimov and a potential top 5 pick for couturier basically. So I gained a lot I think. Than I basically flipped Couturier and Montour for Pettersson a potential top 3 pick and Edler. So I am basically back where I started with a Really good prospect and a better potential pick. Only thing is how much of a difference is Montour over Edler for now and into the future. I think Pettersson should make up the difference.

It's a tough one. Taking a risk. Will be moving Marchessault to RW to put Eriksson on the bench

The Great One

Personally, I'd play to win while you can. Why trade your way out of a championship?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Personally, I'd play to win while you can. Why trade your way out of a championship?
    I should be able to trade the pick or another prospect for help if I need it. If I don't need it than I could hit the jackpot

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't think trading away couturier and putting Marchasseault in his spot is trading away a championship.
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price