Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bye-bye 'Chief Wahoo'

The Great One

Default Re: Bye-bye 'Chief Wahoo'

Quote Originally Posted by The lying Frenchman View Post
    It's all bout the money. Let people know a year in advance that merchandise with this logo will be discontinued, and watch the sales go boom.
    My understanding is that souvenirs will continue to be sold with the old logo. (If they stopped selling it, they'd lose the copyright...and then anyone could sell it). That's what I read, anyways...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The Cleveland Indians are getting rid of their logo for the 2019 season.

Interesting that they make this statement before the 2018 season... but are not going to eliminate it to 2019.
    It will give that loveable scamp of a mascot time for a farewell tour.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Funny they focus on the logo when the team names seems a hundred times more offensive... Indians? Oh, right, because Columbus sailed to India. I forgot.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm native and never had a problem with the logo. I just didn't like the name because it's not politically correct. The name Red Skins (football) I like because it is apparently honoring a tribe some how.