Thread: Bernier here to stay this time?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Bernier here to stay this time?

Can he keep the gig in Colorado, even with Varly healthy? If not, do you think Colorado will trade him to a team looking for a starting goaltender?
    Keeper League

Categories: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, +/-, GAA, SV %, SHO, Wins
    Starters: C - Couturier (FA), Barzal (FA) LW - Marchand (14), Giroux (5), RW - Boeser (12), Johnson (18), D - S Jones (6), C. Miller (12), Giordano , Zadorov (FA), Utility - Arvidsson (11) G - Vasilevsky (16), Elliott (4)

Bench: Gardiner (6), Bjorkstrand (17), Ehlers (13), Konecny (18), Mrazek (11)

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (328), UTIL (82), G (164)
    2 IR slots
    12 teams (5 keepers/team)
    () = round player was drafted/ players drafted one round earlier each year/ FAs eligible in round 11

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Bernier here to stay this time?

As long as they are in the playoff hunt, he'll stay in Col. Even if they fall out of it, I think Col resigns him and stays there.

Personally I still think he is best suited in a 1a/ 1b situation. I predict Col splitting the starts between Varly and Bernier fairly even next season.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Padawan

As well as Bernier has played, I think Varlamov gets the starting job back when he's healthy. Maybe a 60/40 split in favor of Varlamov. Teams have an unwritten rule that the starter doesn't lose his job because of injury. Salary also plays a role - Varlamov makes double what Bernier does and is signed longer-term.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I agree tgat Varly will be the starter but Bernier sure has made a case to stay between the pipes with the Av's!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Varlamov is not an elite goalie, he's not even noramlly a good goalie, so the job is ripe for the picking. However, Bernier is about an average goalie as well, so while he should be able to parlay this season into a contract for next year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.