Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Hutton keep the gig?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Does Hutton keep the gig?

Just curious how many folks here think Hutton will actually be the STL starter in April. Seems like he is nailed into the starter's job at this point, win or lose.
    Usually its the guy with the contract who always ends up back in the driver's seat at some point. But Tim Thomas kinda got started this way. Broke into the league late, couple of solid years as a backup then BOOM.
    Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Does Hutton keep the gig?

Allen will get it back. No way Hutton keeps it.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Master

I don't think Hutton will keep it either, but Mike Yeo is unpredictable as a coach IMO. If I had to put a percentage on it, I'd say there is a 70% chance Allen takes over again before the playoffs.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quite confident Allen is still the #1.. Go back to last year when the team went to Winnipeg and left "Jake the snake" at home.. Hutton has been playing well though but more than likely won't keep this up for a entire season.. Allen is probably taking this break to refocus as he was able too last season..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

this seems to be a yearly occurance in st. louis - I expect allen to get back in there but hutton has been pretty damn impressive .

I made a huge trade for allen then followed it up with trading handcuff for handcuff (kuemper>>hutton) . Since the trade , hutton has 500ish fp's verses 40 ish for allen via my scoring formula

Dobber Sports Superstar

"this seems to be a yearly occurrence in St. Louis"

And Jake Allen has been in the middle of it for years. This is obviously a cause for concern for Allen owners. Jake has historically found a way to lose the starting job either through injury or bad play and then he eventually find his way back. You have to wonder how long that goes on, but the inconsistency is something that I think cannot be disputed. Bottom line, the number one is Hutton's to lose at the moment. He's certainly shown no signs of seriously faltering, in fact, far from it. Saying Jake will be the number one guy come April is far from a foregone conclusion. The Blues are a contender and Yeo will go with the hot hand but has demonstrated, and this is a breath of fresh air, that he has faith in his current starter and doesn't panic and pull the pin as soon as there is a bump in the road. Hutton is getting a fair shake, and he is delivering. I've never been a huge Jake fan for the reasons I've discussed, I think it's a 50/50 as to who the Blues may be heading into the playoffs with between the pipes.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No chance

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    "this seems to be a yearly occurrence in St. Louis"

And Jake Allen has been in the middle of it for years. This is obviously a cause for concern for Allen owners. Jake has historically found a way to lose the starting job either through injury or bad play and then he eventually find his way back. You have to wonder how long that goes on, but the inconsistency is something that I think cannot be disputed. Bottom line, the number one is Hutton's to lose at the moment. He's certainly shown no signs of seriously faltering, in fact, far from it. Saying Jake will be the number one guy come April is far from a foregone conclusion. The Blues are a contender and Yeo will go with the hot hand but has demonstrated, and this is a breath of fresh air, that he has faith in his current starter and doesn't panic and pull the pin as soon as there is a bump in the road. Hutton is getting a fair shake, and he is delivering. I've never been a huge Jake fan for the reasons I've discussed, I think it's a 50/50 as to who the Blues may be heading into the playoffs with between the pipes.
    This is why I traded Jake Allen to get Tuuka Rask this weekend. Hutton looked outstanding again tonight, almost had a shutty.

Dobber Sports Deity

As long as Hutton keeps winning, he will keep playing. Allen has the contract, but Huttons numbers are keeping him in there. The only number that matters is wins, not the number on the pay cheque.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As long as Hutton keeps winning, he will keep playing. Allen has the contract, but Huttons numbers are keeping him in there. The only number that matters is wins, not the number on the pay cheque.
    This is what usually matters...someone touched on this in a Ramblings recently. Betting on the guy with the contract almost always pays. Allen has 3 more years after this one at $4.35M. Hutton is a UFA. So he is looking for a nice, Darling-style payday here.

Dobber Sports Sage

Hutton with another shutty tonight.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

"shutty" HaHa.. Hutton is playing lights out, this is getting crazy.. This is just another St.Louis goalie battle that we have come accustomed too..

All the St.Louis goalies I remember fighting for that number 1 job >> Allen, Binnington, Brathwaite, Bishop, Brodeur, Conklin, Elliott, Halak, Hutton, B.Johnson, Lalime, Legace, C.Mason, Millen, Miller, Osgood, Sanford, Toivenen, etc.. I also remember Barrasso, Casey, Fuhr, Joseph, Liut Parent, Plante,Turek all being starters at one point aswell..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    "shutty" HaHa.. Hutton is playing lights out, this is getting crazy.. This is just another St.Louis goalie battle that we have come accustomed too..

All the St.Louis goalies I remember fighting for that number 1 job >> Allen, Binnington, Brathwaite, Bishop, Brodeur, Conklin, Elliott, Halak, Hutton, B.Johnson, Lalime, Legace, C.Mason, Millen, Miller, Osgood, Sanford, Toivenen, etc.. I also remember Barrasso, Casey, Fuhr, Joseph, Liut Parent, Plante,Turek all being starters at one point aswell..
    I'm trying to decide between him and a handcuff (in Dallas) and he's not making it easy!
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    This is what usually matters...someone touched on this in a Ramblings recently. Betting on the guy with the contract almost always pays. Allen has 3 more years after this one at $4.35M. Hutton is a UFA. So he is looking for a nice, Darling-style payday here.
    You;d think so but the wins is what truly matters to coaches and right now, Hutton is still bringing those and thats why he's starting over Allen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hutton in goal tonight vs the Preds
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto