Thread: C.Glass or N.Suzuki

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default C.Glass or N.Suzuki

What Golden Knight would you rather roll with in a points only keeper league?? No positional requirements.. Long term:

C.Glass or N.Suzuki??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: C.Glass or N.Suzuki

If I had to choose, I'd probably roll the dice with Suzuki but they're very close and Glass might be the better-known prospect, so he might have more trade value.

The Great One

There was SOOOO much love for Glass- Im sure Axeman will come accorss this post at some point and sort it out- if I recall he was putting out a lot of fires if people asking if they should pass over Glass on their draft rankings- lol!

I think Glass was and i the most overrated pick in the draft. Everybody heard the Scheifele comparisons and didnt want to miss the boat (my thoughts anyways). Im not a "prospect guru" (at all) so take my words with a grain of salt- but everything I read described a hard-working, north/south player with a good defensive conscious who had one really good offensive season under his belt (hes on pace for another fantastic season though for the sake of completeness). Im personally under the impression he pans out more along the lines of a high end defensively responsible number two center in the mould of a Kelser/Kadri. He puts numbers on the boards but even reading reports at the halfway point- Im not sponging up much about any real dynamic elements of his game.

I could end up worng- I could end up very wrong- but I decided a long time ago to gamble on Suzuki and not regretting it at this point (what do you mean its still early??)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    There was SOOOO much love for Glass- Im sure Axeman will come accorss this post at some point and sort it out- if I recall he was putting out a lot of fires if people asking if they should pass over Glass on their draft rankings- lol!

I think Glass was and i the most overrated pick in the draft. Everybody heard the Scheifele comparisons and didnt want to miss the boat (my thoughts anyways). Im not a "prospect guru" (at all) so take my words with a grain of salt- but everything I read described a hard-working, north/south player with a good defensive conscious who had one really good offensive season under his belt (hes on pace for another fantastic season though for the sake of completeness). Im personally under the impression he pans out more along the lines of a high end defensively responsible number two center in the mould of a Kelser/Kadri. He puts numbers on the boards but even reading reports at the halfway point- Im not sponging up much about any real dynamic elements of his game.

I could end up worng- I could end up very wrong- but I decided a long time ago to gamble on Suzuki and not regretting it at this point (what do you mean its still early??)
    In my books, Glass is still a Top 10 prospect from the 2017 class. Me putting Suzuki slightly ahead of him is more about Suzuki continuing to rise instead of Glass falling.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have them both pretty much equal.

I think I'd still go with Glass slightly, but it's splitting hairs.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Both are 18, Cody is 6-2 and 180, Nick is 5-11 and 180
    Is there a huge difference in the level of play between the WHL (Glass-Portland) and the OHL (Suzuki-Owen Sound)?
    For now, I would lean a bit towards Suzuki....
    H2H Points in a Fleaflicker Lg: Ten teams - Four make playoffs -- Roster: 28 Total-18 Starters, 10 Bench, +5 IR (Allowed 25 Keepers)
    Offense: HatTricks/Goals/PowerPlay/ShortHanded/Assist/PIM/FaceOffs/SOG/Plus-Minus
    Defense: Hits/Blocks
    Goalies: Win/Loss/OT Loss/ShutOut/Save/GA

Center: Karlsson / Monahan / Scheifele / Trocheck / Luc-Dubois

L/W: Brady Thachuk / Zucker / Jenner / JT Miller / Hyman

R/W: Elias Lindholm / Dominik Kubalik / Stamkos / Teravainen

W/F: DeBrincat / Tatar

D: Ekholm / Seth Jones / Heiskanen / Hamilton / Sergachev

G: MAF / Binnington / Koskinen

IR: Scheifele

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by okiegoon View Post
    Both are 18, Cody is 6-2 and 180, Nick is 5-11 and 180
    Is there a huge difference in the level of play between the WHL (Glass-Portland) and the OHL (Suzuki-Owen Sound)?
    For now, I would lean a bit towards Suzuki....
    If we use NHL equivalency, the OHL translation factor is a bit higher which means points usually translate better from the OHL to the NHL. Current NHLe values would be 36.3 for Suzuki and 36.2 for Glass.

But this year especially, the WHL scoring numbers are ridiculous, so the difference this year might be even a bit wider than usually.