Thread: Jim Dolan approves sell off

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Jim Dolan approves sell off

I posted it over in the NYR forum but its rather dead over there so I thought it prudent to "double" post and drop it here as well.

The NY Post's Larry Brooks confirms that Jim Dolan has given Jeff Gorton permission to sell off NY's assets such as they are.

He even includes some suggested selling prices

https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/mcdona...to-blow-it-up/
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

Default Re: Jim Dolan approves sell off

Good read. But it's Larry Brooks; might as well by written by Eklund lol

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No Cup for the King, at least not in NY...that's too bad, the Rangers wasted his prime years.

Dobber Sports Stud

A presidents cup, trip to the finals and 2 eastern finals appearances I would not call a waste but I suppose each to his or her own.

Larry is a bit of jerk and his pressers with Torts were highly entertaining, but he does have quite a few sources within the organization. I think there is a real source there. Not taco sauce btw
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

I just can't see how anyone would add Nash for a playoff round....his playoff track record borders on abysmal even if NY retains 50% of his cap hit. Not to mention he has been declining for years now.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I just can't see how anyone would add Nash for a playoff round....his playoff track record borders on abysmal even if NY retains 50% of his cap hit. Not to mention he has been declining for years now.
    Nash is not the same type of player he used to be but he's a very good player. Not sure about the playoffs but he can definitely help almost any team because he can play on any line and make a positive impact.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I often hear this criticism of the Nashty one, so I usually respond by asking

How many of his games have you seen ?

This often goes a long way towards determining how accurate a posters take is on Nash's value

As Jouko correctly posts, Nash is NOT the 40 goal threat he once was, but he has size, good speed, plays a full rink game, kills penalties and scores from the dirty areas of the ice

Yes his playoff history is clearly a strike against him, then again Patches has been horrifically stinky over the past few playoff series and I reckon Habs fans think he is going to fetch a kings ransom

Pacioretty has 10 goals in 39GP
    Nash has 15 goals in 77GP

Not such a HUGE difference there

just my opinion obviously, but anyone who has actually watched Nash play over the past few seasons would know he is a very good NHL hockey player. Ideally on the 2nd line for a successful team.

I am sure the Penguins would love to acquire him for example, the Blues too

Nash's cap hit is approx 3.9 megabucks, with NY picking up the freight on say 1.9 of that, leaving a true hit of 2 million.

Currently neither Pittsburgh or Saint Louis have that much wiggle room so someone has to come across to make the salary work, but I have faith that NHL GMs are more than capable of working under that kind of cap hit.

Its not like its a Corey Perry type of hit which is LARGER than Nash's and goes ANOTHER 3 seasons. Yeah try and move that one to a contender...

Dobber Sports Stud

I think they realize that the window has closed, and they're going nowhere fast. Time to cut bait.

Looking at their roster, who can https://www.nhl.com/rangers/roster/ you safely say they're a part of their future?

I think there's maybe 8-10 guys that they really want to keep.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Zibanejad is their #1 center, this team is in trouble!! Rebuild this team, starting today!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Rick Nash submitted his trade list as was reported in the local papers today.

good interview with him in the Post

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/rick-n...-reality-hits/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Gotta think buchnevich is a big part of their future, surely they are gonna sack AV at the end of the season rite?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

forwards
    Buchnevich ,Landeskog ,Toffoli , Nugent-Hopkins,N Schmaltz, yamamoto, bjorkstrand, dadonov ,fabbri, skinner, henrik borgstrom, timo meier, Klim Kostin ,Robert thomas, Valintin Zykov, Farabee,
    Grigori Denisenko.

defense
    provorov, ekblad, Dumba, Chabot, Schmidt , orlov, Skjei

goalies
    hellebuyck, craig anderson,Darling,Kuemper, Reimer, husso ,sorokin.

Dobber Sports Stud

There has been some talk about AV leaving or being asked to leave. This was especially true after Lindy Ruff came over to run the defensive schemes.

Not sure he departs, then again NY will likely not be very competitive next season unless they can improve the blueline which is a tough job. SO maybe AV wants to move on to greener pastures ?

He is signed through the 19-20 sesaon

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...019-20-season/

Dobber Sports Stud

My guess is that one of either McDonagh or Zucarello is gone.

While there is little doubt that the captain has been rock solid, this season there have been terrible holes in his game. Turnovers galore and his game is off a notch or two IMHO.

Ryan is former 49er QB Steve Young's nephew so its little doubt that the apple did not fall far from the tree.

But perhaps a Mormon in NY might not be the ideal ingredient in making special sauce ? Then again he is clean as a whistle and plays such a solid game... He has been everything NY needed and more.

So of the two I would prefer to keep Zuc, but he too has been taking stupid penalties in the offensive zone. Zuc simply never gives up the play, puts his pint sized glove in the oppositions grill and took "less" than his expected salary just to stay in NY. I've always enjoyed the smaller guys playing in the game, from Mark Pavelich, to Marty St Louis so I freely admit to wearing the homer goggles on MZA.

I think that McDonagh would fetch a FAR greater return as well