2 13.33%

Thread: Who's the consensus choice for ROS

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who's the consensus choice for ROS

For league/team in sig.

Goalie categories are: Wins, Saves, GAA, and SV%

Holtby @ 8.0 cap hit (currently own)
    Rask @ 5.4 cap hit
    MAF @ 2.1 cap hit (possibly keeper @ 4.2 cap hit next year)

Does Bos and/or Vgs keep rolling or are either/both due for a regression? Does Holtby's ratios improve back to where they were the last few years and where everyone was expecting them to be this year again?
    12 team H2H, auction draft salary cap, modified keeper league. Keep players at 2X their salary, cap 73M+10% buffer.
    Categories: G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Wins,Svs,GAA,SV%

C: Stamkos(9.1), Schmaltz(1.0)-LW/C, Backlund(0.8), Little(0.5)
    LW: Ovechkin-LW/RW(10.5), Zucker(1.4), Lucic(0.5), Bertuzzi(0.2)
    RW: Kucherov(11.7), Zibanejad(1.0), Reinhart-C/RW(1.0), Jenner(0.2)
    D: Hedman(9.3), Carlson(7.6), Manson(1.5), Pulock(1.0), Theodore(1.0), Phaneuf(0.1)
    G: Hellebuyck(8.2), Vasilevskiy(4.8)

Farm: Hudon(0.3), Byron(0.2), Pearson(0.1), Roslovic(0.1), Starlman(0.2), Dunn(0.1), Saros(0.4), Darling(0.1)
    Prospects: Buchnevich, Svechnikov, Bratt, Werenski, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who's the consensus choice for ROS

Holtby for me as the most reliable.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Its hard not to take Holtby here... but the salary hurts big time.

If you could get Fleury for 6 million cheaper what would you be able to add with that 6 million to make your roster better?

Dobber Sports Titan

I missed that those were salaries and not fantasy points per game up to this point (or something along those lines).
    I'll roll with Rask and the Bruins if that's the case, unless you think you can shop Fleury (as a keeper) and an asset, turning him into an even better goalie in your league.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like Rask @ 5.4, nice balance between reliability and salary. As long as the Bruins have that top line I won't count them out of contention, making Rask a legitimate option.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Jeez. You look at the goal differential for Vegas and say "dammmn, not bad." Then you look at the Bruins and it's (slightly) better. If you could really use the salary room I would consider MAF, though I think the others have said it best that Rask offers great bang for buck...future-wise as well.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the responses all, sorry for not making it more clear about the cap numbers.

More background info, I will not be keeping Holtby next year, if I was to aquire Rask it would be for this season only (would cost me 10.8 in cap next year), if I was to acquire MAF I'd be looking at keeping him for next season at a 4.2 cap hit to go with Vasilevskiy at 4.8 cap next year. I doubt I'd try and flip MAF as there aren't many better options imo. The 3 goalies under discussion are essentially my back up goalie to Vasilevskiy.

In terms of what I'd be able to do with the gained cap space, at this point I have no concrete talks/offers on the go but it would allow me more flexibility. Right now I'm am pretty tight to the cap (although league rules allow you to go a small percentage over the cap in season for trade purposes) and would be limited to what I can do. Most of the top guys in my league have a cap hit north of 9 mill, to name a few Ovi 9.8, McDavid 13.0, Crosby 10.9, P. Kane 9.3, Malkin 9.0, Benn 9.0 and so on.

Keeping Holtby for the rest of the year and his 8.0 cap isn't all that bad since I was able to build my team as it sits today but as stated before limits my options on adding pieces. I'm just trying to determine if I stay status quo with the team that has got me in 1st place or see if it is worth trying to gain a little room to try and make a move to keep up with other gms in my league that have made improvements to try to catch me.

No garuntee that either GM will move either goalie as the Rask owner is a huge Bos fan and MAF has a very attractive cap hit in our league.
    12 team H2H, auction draft salary cap, modified keeper league. Keep players at 2X their salary, cap 73M+10% buffer.
    Categories: G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Wins,Svs,GAA,SV%

C: Stamkos(9.1), Schmaltz(1.0)-LW/C, Backlund(0.8), Little(0.5)
    LW: Ovechkin-LW/RW(10.5), Zucker(1.4), Lucic(0.5), Bertuzzi(0.2)
    RW: Kucherov(11.7), Zibanejad(1.0), Reinhart-C/RW(1.0), Jenner(0.2)
    D: Hedman(9.3), Carlson(7.6), Manson(1.5), Pulock(1.0), Theodore(1.0), Phaneuf(0.1)
    G: Hellebuyck(8.2), Vasilevskiy(4.8)

Farm: Hudon(0.3), Byron(0.2), Pearson(0.1), Roslovic(0.1), Starlman(0.2), Dunn(0.1), Saros(0.4), Darling(0.1)
    Prospects: Buchnevich, Svechnikov, Bratt, Werenski, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like them to perform in the order of their salaries.

However, given that it's a cap league, and Holtby/Rask are rest of season only, and Fleury seems to be better rate-wise outside Pitsburgh's defensive "system", I'd go with Fleury for the cost savings, if you can use the funds elsewhere.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Holtby...in a keeper lg he is 2 years younger, and over the past few years the Caps have been better that the B's....going forward who knows.
    H2H Points in a Fleaflicker Lg: Ten teams - Four make playoffs -- Roster: 28 Total-18 Starters, 10 Bench, +5 IR (Allowed 25 Keepers)
    Offense: HatTricks/Goals/PowerPlay/ShortHanded/Assist/PIM/FaceOffs/SOG/Plus-Minus
    Defense: Hits/Blocks
    Goalies: Win/Loss/OT Loss/ShutOut/Save/GA

Center: Karlsson / Monahan / Scheifele / Trocheck / Luc-Dubois

L/W: Brady Thachuk / Zucker / Jenner / JT Miller / Hyman

R/W: Elias Lindholm / Dominik Kubalik / Stamkos / Teravainen

W/F: DeBrincat / Tatar

D: Ekholm / Seth Jones / Heiskanen / Hamilton / Sergachev

G: MAF / Binnington / Koskinen

IR: Scheifele