Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DobberProspects articles

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default DobberProspects articles

I recommend checking out Cam Robinson's newest Prospect Ramblings whehe he talks about the CHL Top Prospects Game, Kailer Yamamoto, Jordan Kyrou, Warren Foegele, Dylan Strome, Kole Lind, Aleksi Heponiemi and more! >>
    Prospect Ramblings: CHL Top Prospects Game, Yamamoto Rises & AHL All Stars

Here are some other recent Prospect Ramblings I can recommend:
    Prospect Ramblings: AHL All Star Replacements, Kostin, and the Rangers ? January 25 2018 by Pat Quinn
    Prospects Ramblings: Comparing Fantasy Rankings to NHL Central Scouting, NCAA Hockey, Florida Panthers Prospects and more. by Peter Harling

Pat quoted a very interesting Klim Kostin interview, and that alone is worth your time. Kostin talks about his lack of production and the reasons for it, and how the Blues promised him an NHL debut later this season.

On the feature story side, Cam Robinson's latest Prospect Mailbag from a couple of days ago is a great read as always >> Prospect Mailbag: How The 2018 Class Stacks Up, Most NHL-Ready Prospects and NHLe

And if you haven't checked the Fantasy Hockey Ranking The 2018 NHL Entry Draft article by Peter Harling yet, then you should do that now. It's very interesting to get comments from outside prospect experts like Adam Kimelman (NHL.com) and Scott Wheeler (The Athletic) on top of the DobberProspects regulars.

I hope everyone already knows this but you can find all the Prospect Ramblings behind this one link here: http://www.dobberprospects.com/Table/rambling/

And all feature stories can be found from here: http://www.dobberprospects.com/Table/feature/

There's a lot of new content being published at DobberProspects these days, so I'll be posting updates to this thread when something new is released. If you want to get a notification of changes, you can subscribe to this thread.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: DobberProspects articles

In his latest Advanced Stat Series article, Will Scouch talks about sample size, the reasons why metrics like Corsi and Fenwick have been created and the value they can provide.

Advanced Stat Series - Value of Differing Metrics by Will Scouch

Dobber Sports Stud

Glad you've created this thread JP. There's a TON of great content being produced on a consistent basis at DP and it only got stronger with your addition to the team.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Wizard

Prospect Ramblings: Second-half drop-offs by pre-NHL experience by Hayden Soboleski

This one has a title that really explains itself. Really interesting if you're wondering what kind of second halves rookie players like Matt Barzal, Brock Boeser, Clayton Keller, Alex Kerfoot, Alex DeBrincat, Yanni Gourde and Danton Heinen might have.

Dobber Sports Wizard

2018 NHL Draft: Top 10 Goalies by Steve Kournianos (@TheDraftAnalyst)

The 2018 draft class doesn't have a lot of high-end talent in goal and I was personally familiar with just one name (Skarek) but Steve really knows the draft-eligible players and not only did he know more than just one name, he was able to rank the Top 10 and provide detailed scouting reports for all of us to enjoy.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Great article. Will use it at my draft

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Great One

Thanks for this thread!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Mid-Season 2017-18 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Awards by Peter Harling

If you want to know who are the best prospects in the game right now as voted by DobberProspects writers, this article is for you.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Prospect Ramblings - Over Agers in Keeper Leagues and Two Barrie Colts - February 1 2018 by Pat Quinn

Pat talks about overage free agents like Alex Barre-Boulet, Aaron Luchuk (already signed by Ottawa) and Brayden Burke, and he also talks about the dynamic Russian duo of Andrei Svechnikov and Dmitri Sokolov.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Mid-Season 2017-18 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Awards by Peter Harling

If you want to know who are the best prospects in the game right now as voted by DobberProspects writers, this article is for you.

Loved that article! Especially the 'Multi Category Player' sections, it's tough to see who plays with a bit of an edge when your exposure to prospects is mainly through watching scoring highlights and reading blurbs. I've got a few more names to look up now.

2 questions though, are there 2 Tyler Wongs? Or is the Tyler Wong (2018) listed in the amateur Multi Category Player' sections the Golden Knights signing currently playing for the Chicago Wolves?

Also, the article states that "Dahlin was the unanimous top ranked Draft eligible prospect , and all but one writer selected Dahlen as the top overall prospect as well." Any clue who the dissenting vote chose?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Loved that article! Especially the 'Multi Category Player' sections, it's tough to see who plays with a bit of an edge when your exposure to prospects is mainly through watching scoring highlights and reading blurbs. I've got a few more names to look up now.

2 questions though, are there 2 Tyler Wongs? Or is the Tyler Wong (2018) listed in the amateur Multi Category Player' sections the Golden Knights signing currently playing for the Chicago Wolves?

Also, the article states that "Dahlin was the unanimous top ranked Draft eligible prospect , and all but one writer selected Dahlen as the top overall prospect as well." Any clue who the dissenting vote chose?
    Thanks for the questions, Dennis! Unfortunately I don't have the answers but I've asked Peter himself to come here and answer your questions.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

Hey Dennis
    Thanks for reading and the kind words.
    So to answer your questions Wong is actually a typo by me. The first name is Austin and he is playing in the AJHL currently. He made some noise and got on my radar after his showing at the CJHL Top Prospects Game
    Here is a link to his elite prospects page. Notice his PIMs
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=322072

And the second question the only other player to get a vote as top prospect was Elias Pettersson.

Again that?s for reading and I?m glad you enjoyed the article, it was fun putting it together.
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pharling View Post
    Hey Dennis
    Thanks for reading and the kind words.
    So to answer your questions Wong is actually a typo by me. The first name is Austin and he is playing in the AJHL currently. He made some noise and got on my radar after his showing at the CJHL Top Prospects Game
    Here is a link to his elite prospects page. Notice his PIMs
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=322072

And the second question the only other player to get a vote as top prospect was Elias Pettersson.

Again that?s for reading and I?m glad you enjoyed the article, it was fun putting it together.
    Sounds like a Cam Robinson (Crazy Joe Davola) vote!!!
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Sounds like a Cam Robinson (Crazy Joe Davola) vote!!!
    Well you?re not wrong