Thread: Help w/ varsity goalies

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Help w/ varsity goalies

Hey guys - I'm in a 14 team H2H dynasty cap league. Skater cats are G, A, STG, STA, Hits, Blocks, SOG, PIM, +/-, GWG, FOW. Goalie cats are W, GAA, SV%, Saves, and SO. Each team has a 21-man varsity roster and a 30-man junior varsity roster. Each team starts two goalies per night (and most have three on the varsity roster).

My varsity goalies are Price, Hellebuyck, and Elliott. Aaron Dell is on my JV squad, and my question is whether to trade Elliott and promote Dell. With my three starters, I have wins and saves pretty much locked down every week. But because of Elliott, I almost always lose GAA and SV%.

If I promote Dell in order to improve in GAA and SV%, I could lose my wins and saves advantage. But now that there's a potential goalie battle brewing in SJ, I'm thinking I might be able to get away with it. Plus, trading Elliott could help me land a rental for the playoff push (or just a nice asset for the future).

Should I stick with the nice advantage I have in wins and saves, or swing for the fences by promoting Dell?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Help w/ varsity goalies

I would hold for now. Wait another 3 weeks and make a decision. Jones could walk back into his starting roll, Price and Hellebuyck could have a knee-to-knee collision and/or Elliott’s Flyers could continue to climb the standings. Who knows. You are in a good position now that does not require a knee jerk reaction. The All Star break is a marker post in the season. Let the final 1/3 of the season get started before making final decisions in net. See if the landscape changes in the next few weeks.

My 2 cents.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Help w/ varsity goalies

I agree with Moses that you should hold for now. Interesting terminology in Varsity/JV versus Active/Farm.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.