Thread: Michal Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Michal Neuvirth

Neuvirth was my desperate add for last week.
    Now, I see Darling is a must drop and kinda wonder if I should keep Neuvirth on my roster.
    I heard that Flyers might run with Neuvirth for the second half, but I am not really sure if he can keep playing well

Decent backups like Dell, Saros are on FA, and starters like Raanta, Markstrom, Ward are also available.
    Which 3rd goalie will be the best option for the second half?
    10 Team Yahoo 8 Keeper league(H2H) - Re-drated this year
    18-19 - Champion
    19-20 - Champion
    21-22 - Champion
    22-23 - Champion

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G (4B, 1IR, 2IR+)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO, 4 Minimum

C: Tavares, Stutzle(LW), Kyrou(RW)
    LW: Guentzel, E.Kane
    RW: M.Tkachuck(LW), Meier(LW), Konecny(LW)
    D: McAvoy, Dobson, Chychrun, Trouba, Mintyukov

G: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Husso

IR+: Montour
    IR+: Laine(C,LW,RW)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Michal Neuvirth

Here's my take on the various options.

1. The Flyers will NOT simply run with Neuvirth the second half. He has trouble staying healthy when playing too often in a row. Therefore you're looking at a decent chunk of Elliott, even if Neuvirth is getting the majority of the starts for any reason short of Elliott getting hurt. Then you'll see another goalie to give him enough rest.

2. I don't want Ward or Darling anywhere near a roster this season. Feel pretty much the same way about Markstrom - although he's at least more likely to get volume of starts.

3. Dell & Saros are elite backups. I'd value them above the guys in section 2, and possibly above Neuvirth. Depends on playing time, all are pretty talented and high end backups, generally.

4. Raanta is the guy I like the most, as he's starting, has a great track record in the rate stats, and has virtually no competition for the crease. There has been some talk that he might be dealt to a contender instead of staying in Arizona, but either way, I think he's the guy I want.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.