Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Price is overrated

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Price is overrated

Im losing my patience with Price - last night he blew the game, let in long shots with clear view, I expect that sheet from Talbot and Lundquist, now Price is messing me up again. Do you have to let in the first shot?!

If Anderson lets those first two goals in like Price did, the Leafs nation would be on red alert.

You never hear bad reviews from the Habs media, even Eyesontheprize folks dont question Price - but he's a BIG disappointment in my eyes and I am losing confidence, I'm thinking his teammates feeling no love either.

He needs to come up with more big timely saves when his team is outplaying the opposition.

Maybe he's hit rock bottom now, I hope so. Then again he hit rock bottom after the first few weeks of the season this year. Here we go again.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Price is overrated

I think this is just a bad season and that in the off-season he will get re-focused and come back strong.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think this is just a bad season and that in the off-season he will get re-focused and come back strong.
    im not sure about that, i do have trust in Price and no he is not overrated, but you need at least decent team in front of you to produce as one of top goalies in the league...im not sure they will be decent team in MTL for next 5 years ...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Overrated compared to what? Is he worth his contract? No. Is he his 2014 MVP self? No, and likely never will be again.

He's still a top 5ish, definitely top 10 goalie.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    Im losing my patience with Price - last night he blew the game, let in long shots with clear view, I expect that sheet from Talbot and Lundquist, now Price is messing me up again. Do you have to let in the first shot?!

If Anderson lets those first two goals in like Price did, the Leafs nation would be on red alert.

You never hear bad reviews from the Habs media, even Eyesontheprize folks dont question Price - but he's a BIG disappointment in my eyes and I am losing confidence, I'm thinking his teammates feeling no love either.

He needs to come up with more big timely saves when his team is outplaying the opposition.

Maybe he's hit rock bottom now, I hope so. Then again he hit rock bottom after the first few weeks of the season this year. Here we go again.
    You're right... either because the Leafs are up 2-0 early on the Sens or we made a brutal trade for an expensive back up with a division rival. I'd rather stick with AndersEn ....

Price is probably tired of having an awful team in front of him and always bailing them out. No doubt he's really missing Weber right now. If you can get an elite G for him still I'd make the swap.

I
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The reality with goaltending is that the team in front of them also has a huge factor in how well the G performs. (yeah, you could also say vice-versa, that a solid G is the foundation to a good team as well). But the reality is the habs suck. the best goalie in the world (whoever that may be, not saying it's necessarily price), will always have mediocre stats on a team this bad.

i've always felt picking goalies in fantasy is also picking the team they play for.

Put vasilevskiy in montreal and price in tampa, what would we be saying?
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes. I agree. He is sooooo overrated. I hate it when they call him the “best goalie in the world”. Please!!!! It’s just Montreal media making him bigger than he really is. He doesn’t battle . He just uses his technical ability. He is definitely no Dominic Hasek or Patrick Roy.
    12 team - 12 keeper Dynasty league H2H
    --------------------------------------------------
    Stats : G A PTS +\- PPP SOG FOW Hits, Blocks, Wins GAA save % Shutout

LW: Gaudreau, Domi, RNH
    C: Mackinnon, Point, Getzlaf
    RW: Kane, Aho, Donato
    D: Hedmen, Subban, Krug, Nurse, Gustafsson

Goalie : Vasilevskiy, Bennington

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by nickchau2000 View Post
    The reality with goaltending is that the team in front of them also has a huge factor in how well the G performs. (yeah, you could also say vice-versa, that a solid G is the foundation to a good team as well). But the reality is the habs suck. the best goalie in the world (whoever that may be, not saying it's necessarily price), will always have mediocre stats on a team this bad.

i've always felt picking goalies in fantasy is also picking the team they play for.

Put vasilevskiy in montreal and price in tampa, what would we be saying?
    I draft/value goalies the same way. It's all well and good if Price is the most talented goalie out there, but that doesn't make him the most valuable for fantasy or his team in real life. The ability of a team to win games is always my starting point, and then I look at the number of starts I expect a goalie to get, followed by talent of the goalie and quality of the team D equally.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I draft/value goalies the same way. It's all well and good if Price is the most talented goalie out there, but that doesn't make him the most valuable for fantasy or his team in real life. The ability of a team to win games is always my starting point, and then I look at the number of starts I expect a goalie to get, followed by talent of the goalie and quality of the team D equally.
    2.95 GAA with .908 Sv% this season to date, yikes.

So playing in front of a bad team ok, missing weber, ok, bad save percentage, letting in lots of long range goals this year is not cool. I need him to go 2.50 GAA and .920 rest of the way. Bruins will be a good test to see if he can rebound from the awful night he had.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    2.95 GAA with .908 Sv% this season to date, yikes.

So playing in front of a bad team ok, missing weber, ok, bad save percentage, letting in lots of long range goals this year is not cool. I need him to go 2.50 GAA and .920 rest of the way. Bruins will be a good test to see if he can rebound from the awful night he had.
    4-3 last week between them. Not sure if i'd be taking the under at 2.5 goals against just yet
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Monster

He is not have a great season by any means. As rataylor said, is he worth his contract? Probably not. He is still only 30 years old and to his credit, he is playing in front of a terrible team. I still have faith in him. I am not sure why people scoff at him being labelled as best goalie in the world, obviously he is not at that level anymore, but he was the best goalie a few years ago. Every player ages differently and may have outside aspects of their life that could potentially effect their play.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Price is still one of the best goalies in the world. One game, winner takes all, Price all day.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace View Post
    Price is still one of the best goalies in the world. One game, winner takes all, Price all day.
    To each their own - I'd rather have Vasilevskiy in a one-gamer this year.

That contract is going to be an albatross for MTL in a couple of years.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dknw1de View Post
    To each their own - I'd rather have Vasilevskiy in a one-gamer this year.

That contract is going to be an albatross for MTL in a couple of years.

lets see how Vas does without Hedmen in front of him - lately he's been looking pretty normal - he could be the next Mrazek/Talbot?

Goal is a tough position to hold down. Alot of goaltending is based on luck - shots come in at such high velocity that if it doesnt hit you, they got no chance, and any tips and bounces leave you at the craps table. I'd like to see them use wooden sticks again so goalies can use their reflexes more to make saves.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have to disagree with the notion that Price is overrated. I think talent-wise and mental focus is second to none, and is arguably the best we've seen in a decade. Like Shoelace said, if I had to pick somebody to play for my team in a one-game winner take all, I would still take him.

I think the guy is just tired honestly. I feel like if he were given a change in scenery he would go back to all-star caliber.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!