Thread: Moving valiardi

The Great One

Default Moving valiardi

Full deal is perry kreider valiardi Reiner macintyre
    For
    Palmieri Gallagher jankrok Smith

Salaries balance out after demotions. I lose the best asset in valiardi probably but shore up a few holes and add Smith for a playoff run. Hed be my 3rd goalie but in daily starts it seems like it would have an impact. Thoughts? Am I selling too low on Gabe? For I don't think I am- I think this is fair- I'm just double ch3cking...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Moving valiardi

I think you are giving a little too much here. can you not do just Perry, kreider for Smith and Gallagher?
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

The Great One

Default Re: Moving valiardi

Full deal ended up being:

Perry/Kreider/Valiardi/Gadjovich/Harper/6th in 18
    for
    Palmieri/Gallagher/Maroon/Jankrok

Kreider put me over the cap and is out for the full year. I dont mind Perry but his cap is a burden. It cost ,e futures (Kreider still has value in future years, Valiardi is HUGE imho, and the prospects are decent ones)- but I filled out some important holes in my roster:

- Palmieri replaces Perry- and hes a volume sog guy which pays dividends in our format. Likely a pretty significant upgrade this year to the active roster- at worst a wash. Exponentially better contract and age situation if I ever have to look at tinkering with this spot.
    - Joel Eriksson Ek goes to where he belongs on the farm- with Gallagher holding down the fort on my active roster. Let JEE marinate on the farm or move him to upgrade Reimer in my last move. Gallagher is a sog maniac, and pesky too!! Even at 45-50 point pace- its goal heavy with all the right peripherals- huge active roster upgrade imo.
    - Cammalerri goes back to the farm as an emergency call-up only- the less I see him on my roster the happier I am- Patrick Maroon slots in. Maroon is a much better plug- 1/2 a ppg but much "safer" production than camel toe. Nice pim contributions, solid sog totals for his atoi, and hes the magical 2.0 million dollar mark which means he can be freely promoted and demoted on my roster. He might end up being more of a one year play- but Im in contention and he brings a lot to the table for 2.0 despite his lack of real offensive upside.
    - Jankrok is an injury plug. Right now Forsberg is injured so he fills in nicely. He'll never be anything crazy but a great insurance policy. Also one of my favorite contracts in the whole NHl to gamble on. Can you imagine if he ever solidified himself in a scoring role at 2 million for the next 5 years?? Hes already decent bang for your buck in terms of production/$$.
    - When fully healthy my roster after these moves squeaks in under the cap at 103.7 out of 105- nice and tidy!

I gave up futures but I feel like I plugged a lot of leaks- just about all of them imho. My last potential move is upgrading Reimer to a solid 1a starter...