Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Linus Ullmark

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Linus Ullmark

Do we really think Ullmark will be much of an improvement over Lehner? or is this just a chance to maybe own a future starter on a bad team, and perhaps Buffalo turns it around in 1-2 years?
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cdot588 View Post
    Do we really think Ullmark will be much of an improvement over Lehner? or is this just a chance to maybe own a future starter on a bad team, and perhaps Buffalo turns it around in 1-2 years?
    I don't expect Ullmark to be better than Lehner but I do expect the Sabres to improve as soon as next season. In many fantasy hockey leagues, even starters on terrible teams are worth a lot.

Dobber Sports Deity

At some point, you have to think they turn it around. Much like the Oilers, with a lot of high draft picks in recent years, they have to turn the corner at some point. Until that happens, I don't see Ullmark as an upgrade to what they already have. I guess the idea is to get Ullmark early enough so that when/if the Sabres find their way, he's the go-to guy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    At some point, you have to think they turn it around. Much like the Oilers, with a lot of high draft picks in recent years, they have to turn the corner at some point. Until that happens, I don't see Ullmark as an upgrade to what they already have. I guess the idea is to get Ullmark early enough so that when/if the Sabres find their way, he's the go-to guy.
    I guess my grievance with this situation is why sell low on a young talented goalie, when your team is a trash heap anyways? To me Lehner's only flaw is that he's a bit of a nut, other than that he's come in every year to a bad team and posted average numbers. I don't know what the expected return for Lehner would be, but I would wager that he turns in to a top 15 goalie in the league if he goes to a good contending team. I think unless you can get a 1st round pick/ a high end prospect/or a high 2nd rnd pick, why move him? Trade Chad Johnson, bring up Ullmark and give him some starts, and if Ullmark steals the show then trade Lehner in the offseason when you might get a better return anyways!
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess my grievance with this situation is why sell low on a young talented goalie, when your team is a trash heap anyways? To me Lehner's only flaw is that he's a bit of a nut, other than that he's come in every year to a bad team and posted average numbers. I don't know what the expected return for Lehner would be, but I would wager that he turns in to a top 15 goalie in the league if he goes to a good contending team. I think unless you can get a 1st round pick/ a high end prospect/or a high 2nd rnd pick, why move him? Trade Chad Johnson, bring up Ullmark and give him some starts, and if Ullmark steals the show then trade Lehner in the offseason when you might get a better return anyways!
    I don't disagree with you on principle, but money is involved too and Lehner is making $4M (again) this season and it's unlikely, as a RFA at seasons end, he will take another $4M contract. He's going to want a raise this time and how much do you invest in Lehner when Ullmark could very well be just as good, and a hell of a lot cheaper.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Ullmark has been developing nicely in the AHL and could be ready to become a full-time NHL goalie soon. I've always believed he has starter upside and if Buffalo trades Lehner, then his chances of doing that are pretty good.
    0.923 through 34 games in the A this season and his GAA has improved every year (*as you may expect with more games started). I haven't seen him a ton, but I think he always played pretty well in MODO as well, for whatever that's worth. He's got talent, that's for sure, but we need to see more than 22 NHL games of him to know.

I agree with some posters above that Lehner could be trade-bait, but I also think that Buffalo may not want to tip their hand, trade Lehner and rely on Ulmark/Johnson..unless there's some kind of a goalie return in whatever package they may deal with Lehner.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto