Thread: CHL Mid-Season Scoring Analysis

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default CHL Mid-Season Scoring Analysis

If you guys want to see how your CHL prospects are doing, I made some nice bar charts for that! Check them out from my first DobberProspects article: http://www.dobberprospects.com/chl-m...ring-analysis/

There are also some deep league sleeper prospects in there. We're all familiar with names like Steenbergen, Kyrou, Brown, Lind... But what about Ty Lewis? His numbers look pretty impressive to me. The same could be said about his Brandon Wheat Kings teammate Stelio Mattheos.

You'll also see why I'm not over the moon about Filip Zadina just yet. I like his skills but I'm not loving his numbers just yet.

Feel free to add comments either here or there as I wouldn't mind getting some feedback from you guys.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: CHL Mid-Season Scoring Analysis

Great article!! Thanks for sharing!

I am surprised how Clague is that much higher than the other top D. Will be interesting to see how the trade to Moose Jaw effects him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Great stuff JP!

Took a flyer on Lewis for my league in sig. after having a some trades clear some spots on my farm.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dude, I loved this article!

I noticed how Ben Jones has been playing well and great numbers among his 18 yr old CHL peers, yet you didn't mention him. He's probably the only name I hadn't heard of that had been drafted already and i'm intrigued.

Any thoughts?
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    Dude, I loved this article!

I noticed how Ben Jones has been playing well and great numbers among his 18 yr old CHL peers, yet you didn't mention him. He's probably the only name I hadn't heard of that had been drafted already and i'm intrigued.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks!

I did actually mention him in the article. But no, I haven't seen any of his games. His points are impressive and so is the fact that he's leading his team in scoring, so it's not like he's just enjoying someone else's production. His age-17 numbers are pretty good as well, so I'm not sure how he fell all the way to the 7th round. He wasn't playing on a strong team last year either. Very interesting deep league sleeper prospect indeed. I found this interesting article about him from October: http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/jones-looking-round-game/

The former first round draft pick has always been a solid enough offensive player, but after attending camp with the Las Vegas Golden Knights last month, his long-term vision for what it might take for him to succeed at the pro level became more apparent.
    "That's where my future is moving into professional hockey, a two-way, 200-foot guy," Jones said. "Points aren't really going to be my strong suit in professional hockey but I definitely want to come in and put up some good numbers here. It's major junior so I want to be one of the top guys in the league."
    Jones, who collected 13 goals and 50 points last season and should easily crack the 20-goal barrier this year, said it's imperative a player play to his strengths.
    "It's essential to figure out your identity and own personal game and how you are going to succeed and focus on those strong suits while still being able to open my eyes up to other parts of my game," the 18-year-old Waterloo native said.
    IceDogs coach Billy Burke agrees Jones is at his best when working at both ends of the ice.
    "He's most valuable in the sense that he's a really solid, reliable two-way forward who has the skill to play on the power play but also has the smarts and awareness to be a defensive forward. The ability to play him in multiple situations is his biggest asset."