Thread: Crimson Tide National Champions

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Crimson Tide National Champions

I am not a big college football fan, but I was intrigued with this match up. I watched Georgia get that 13 point half time lead and thought, oh this could be interesting. I didn't tune in until later in the fourth quarter and watched some incredible football, right up until the game winning TD in OT! If all college games are this exciting, I might have to tune in more often. Roll Tide or Gain or Purex or any other laundry detergent.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Crimson Tide National Champions

College Football reminds me of the world juniors. No lead is safe, but there's a ton of blowouts.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

13pts in college football is 2 - 2 min possessions. it's a lot more exciting than the NFL
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

That was such an epic game. As a college football fan who hates Nick Saban there were a ton of emotional swings in that game.
    Hate him or not you have to tip your hat to a coach who pulls his starting QB (who took him to back to back national championships) at halftime for a freshman QB who had never taken a meaningful snap in college football. That's a decision that takes pure courage.
    The final 5 plays of that game were amazing

Short FG for the win in regulation- hard shank. Awesome Georgia is still alive, also, after 2 bad misses can you let your kicker attempt a FG in OT?
    Georgia gets the ball, no offence 3rd and medium. Before the snap I said "you absolutely cannot take a sack here" QB takes the snap. Then Goggles comes out and crushes a 51-yard FG.
    1st play for Bama- Big sack! 2nd and 26- they need a 1st down no way Saban lets his kicker attempt a long one
    2nd play- WR (also a freshman) gets open for a 40+ yard strike. Damn you Nick Saban, Damn you!

If you're a football fan from the state of Georgia it's been a great 12 months (assuming you did not set your DVR to record past the scheduled run time)
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    That was such an epic game. As a college football fan who hates Nick Saban there were a ton of emotional swings in that game.
    Hate him or not you have to tip your hat to a coach who pulls his starting QB (who took him to back to back national championships) at halftime for a freshman QB who had never taken a meaningful snap in college football. That's a decision that takes pure courage.
    The final 5 plays of that game were amazing

Short FG for the win in regulation- hard shank. Awesome Georgia is still alive, also, after 2 bad misses can you let your kicker attempt a FG in OT?
    Georgia gets the ball, no offence 3rd and medium. Before the snap I said "you absolutely cannot take a sack here" QB takes the snap. Then Goggles comes out and crushes a 51-yard FG.
    1st play for Bama- Big sack! 2nd and 26- they need a 1st down no way Saban lets his kicker attempt a long one
    2nd play- WR (also a freshman) gets open for a 40+ yard strike. Damn you Nick Saban, Damn you!

If you're a football fan from the state of Georgia it's been a great 12 months (assuming you did not set your DVR to record past the scheduled run time)
    Awesome summary LawMan. I also was hoping for Saban to lose, but yeah, apparently he's a decent coach. Who knew! lol
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket