Thread: New Legislation in Ontario. No more Doctors notes.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default New Legislation in Ontario. No more Doctors notes.

New legislation ensures workers can take at least 10 sick days a year without a doctor?s note

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...gislation.html

Haven't delved into everything yet but while This a breath of fresh air to honest dedicated workers who rarely phone in sick and try to get back ASAP. Might this just open up a whole new can of worms for those selects ones (we all have them) who are adept at taking advantage of the system? I see real problems here.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: New Legislation in Ontario. No more Doctors notes.

Ok maybe I read it wrong. This isn't so bad.

Interesting point though

In many cases, patients will turn up at doctor’s offices seeking sick notes once they’re feeling better and ready to return to work, which means the missives have “little if any validity,” because physicians write them based on trust in their patients, Hoskins said.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    New legislation ensures workers can take at least 10 sick days a year without a doctor?s note

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...gislation.html

Haven't delved into everything yet but while This a breath of fresh air to honest dedicated workers who rarely phone in sick and try to get back ASAP. Might this just open up a whole new can of worms for those selects ones (we all have them) who are adept at taking advantage of the system? I see real problems here.
    the ones that will take advantage of the system will show up to walk in clinics 20min early to be 1st on the wait list - tell the dr. they're 'not feeling well' get the required note and give it to their employer anyway.

Perhaps it'll create opportunity for a group of people that were previously nervous about taking that risk... but on the flip side.... this legislation removes all these fakers and schemers from Dr. offices and clinics - reducing wait times for those who really require it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

as I was falling asleep last night I could have sworn I saw a report that tim hortons is taking away their employees paid 15 min breaks & some other note about their health benefit pkg .

idk if it was a ontario wide thing or just an individual franchisee gone rogue with his own franchise .

I'm not really surprised that this backlash is happening but they'll want to recoup their losses through human resource cutbacks / price increases

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    as I was falling asleep last night I could have sworn I saw a report that tim hortons is taking away their employees paid 15 min breaks & some other note about their health benefit pkg .

idk if it was a ontario wide thing or just an individual franchisee gone rogue with his own franchise .

I'm not really surprised that this backlash is happening but they'll want to recoup their losses through human resource cutbacks / price increases
    they also banned employees from accepting tips... #minwagefallout it won't be very long before there's a call to boycott Tims over their treatment of staff and they start doing damage control PR stunts and back off from this new 'hard line'
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    on the flip side.... this legislation removes all these fakers and schemers from Dr. offices and clinics - reducing wait times for those who really require it.
    I like your take on this!

There is an epidemic of slackers who take constant advantage of the rules. They have little to no work ethic and think that it's quite fine to scam the government and/or employer. It makes me sick to see these people and they are everywhere. If this continues and I hold out hope that it doesn't, I weep for our future.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    the ones that will take advantage of the system will show up to walk in clinics 20min early to be 1st on the wait list - tell the dr. they're 'not feeling well' get the required note and give it to their employer anyway.
    It's this part right here. A lot of doctors think it's a waste of time to diagnose every person with a cold virus they can do nothing about, but in order to take the day off to not infect customers/coworkers, the employee needs them to write a note, so the doctor just writes the note and charges $15 or whatever for it. Feels like high school all over again. Let the employer determine if they're hiring trustworthy people, don't push that responsibility onto doctors.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso