Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NFL Superbowl Predictions

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: NFL Superbowl Predictions

Well there goes my superbowl.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Now just imagine the Bills pull this off??

Dobber Sports Icon

Damn, 0-3... should go out and put some money on the Panthers for tonight haha.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more football! Arguably the best weekend of the season right here!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Great game by Philly's D today but man Im disappointed with this eventual NFC championship.....Min/NO vs Philly with Foles isn't as attractive as a Min vs NO or even getting the Rams in there somehow.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Great game by Philly's D today but man Im disappointed with this eventual NFC championship.....Min/NO vs Philly with Foles isn't as attractive as a Min vs NO or even getting the Rams in there somehow.
    As an Eagles fan, I respectfully disagree! go Eagles!

I don't think they can beat the Saints or the Pats though without Wentz

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    As an Eagles fan, I respectfully disagree! go Eagles!

I don't think they can beat the Saints or the Pats though without Wentz
    Haha Im sure you do.

Not sure why I thought Tennessee would be competitive tonight. Ugh....0-2 in my picks.

Dobber Sports Immortal

That play......has got to be one of the dumbest defensive plays I have ever seen. Poor Brees.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    That play......has got to be one of the dumbest defensive plays I have ever seen. Poor Brees.
    Like stand there and have your hands around him and wrap him up and wait for help!

Instead you dive and miss and take out the only other Saints player that can get close to him.

I thought maybe it was Mante Teo trying to make the tackle and tackled an imaginary Vikings player? hahah

Welp. So much for my NO v NE Super Bowl match-up. That NO v MIN game last night was by far my fav playoff game thus far. I was glued to my chair and didn't turn the channel at all. I was pulling for NO just cuz I am a Michael Thomas owner. That match-up with X. Rhodes was worth the price of admission. Fantastic game
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Like stand there and have your hands around him and wrap him up and wait for help!

Instead you dive and miss and take out the only other Saints player that can get close to him.

I thought maybe it was Mante Teo trying to make the tackle and tackled an imaginary Vikings player? hahah
    I'm sure people know now, but he thought he was early and didn't want to get a PI call, and he purposely missed the tackle (Greg Olsen actually pointed that out). The kids a rookie, and obviously made a mistake, but it's not like he missed the tackle, he avoided it to not get a PI call.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm sure people know now, but he thought he was early and didn't want to get a PI call, and he purposely missed the tackle (Greg Olsen actually pointed that out). The kids a rookie, and obviously made a mistake, but it's not like he missed the tackle, he avoided it to not get a PI call.

Right.... I understand all that. But if you know you are early don't dive to miss the guy (and hit your own guy) ....'use the brakes baby'

Note - I copied the Video URL at Current Time of Video... but it only pastes in at the start. Not sure how to paste it so it is at the specific time..... but you want to start it at 1:32 of the video.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Right.... I understand all that. But if you know you are early don't dive to miss the guy (and hit your own guy) ....'use the brakes baby'

Note - I copied the Video URL at Current Time of Video... but it only pastes in at the start. Not sure how to paste it so it is at the specific time..... but you want to start it at 1:32 of the video.

Oh yeah, i'm not defending what he eventually did. It is just a reason to what he was thinking. He's also going full speed, hitting the brakes at full speed doesn't instantly stop you.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oh yeah, i'm not defending what he eventually did. It is just a reason to what he was thinking. He's also going full speed, hitting the brakes at full speed doesn't instantly stop you.

Yes, very true. It doesn't instantly stop you, but it does leave you in a lot better position to make a play than diving and taking yourself completely out of the play. haha
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yes, very true. It doesn't instantly stop you, but it does leave you in a lot better position to make a play than diving and taking yourself completely out of the play. haha
    Don't forget tackling your own guy....when you're basically the last line of defense.