Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Big rift brewing between Brady and Belichick?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Rumor] Big rift brewing between Brady and Belichick?

I started this with the [Rumor] tag because that's all it is at this point, but an interesting story none the less if it's true.

http://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Descr...lichick--Kraft
    A rift has developed among the three most powerful figures in the Patriots organization ? quarterback Tom Brady, coach Bill Belichick, and owner Robert Kraft ? that threatens to make this the final season they are together, Matt Peopin of the Boston Globe reports. This according to an ESPN report published Friday.

Among the claims in the report is that Belichick was ordered to trade backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in deference to Brady?s desire to continue playing well into his 40s. Garoppolo was traded to the 49ers in October for a second-round draft pick, and the report says Belichick was ?furious and demoralized?? over the issue and he reached out to 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan via text message to initiate talks.

According to the report, Belichick believed ?Garoppolo would excel under Shanahan.??

The report also says that amid the team?s incredible success, Brady, Belichick, and Kraft have had ?serious disagreements?? over the coach?s exacting standards, the team?s long-term plans for quarterback, and Brady?s business partner and ?body coach?? Alex Guerrero.

In December, the Globe reported Belichick had curbed Guerrero?s privileges,which previously included sideline access, the ability to treat players other than Brady at his Gillette Stadium office, and travel on team flights.

The report notes the Patriots responded to ESPN?s inquiry with a statement saying there were ?several inaccuracies and multiple examples given that absolutely did not occur,?? but declined to offer specifics.

Patriots personnel had qualms about Brady and Guerrero?s TB12 fitness philosophy, according to ESPN, and the book they released last year espousing it, ?The TB12 Method.??

One Patriots staffer told ESPN reporter Seth Wickersham that some in Gillette Stadium felt the method was ?like a cult,?? according to the report. Some within the Patriots organization reportedly felt that Brady?s personality had changed, and they were suspicious of Guerrero.

The report says Brady ?seemed liberated?? following the Garoppolo trade with the biggest threat to his job removed from the equation.

Other Patriots staffers expressed concern, however, particularly because the Patriots had already traded third-string quarterback Jacoby Brissett in September.

?If we trade Jimmy, we?re the Cleveland Browns, with no succession plan,?? is what one Patriots employee said, according to ESPN?s story.

ESPN also said a meeting of the three key figures was supposed to happen in late December but didn?t, and that there is now ?a lingering sadness around the team.??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Default Re: [Rumor] Big rift brewing between Brady and Belichick?

There's a big rift.

"Let's go win another Superbowl"

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    There's a big rift.

"Let's go win another Superbowl"
    I hope all this tension makes is so they lose in the divisional round!!

Love the comment about 'We're the Cleveland Browns with no succession plan'
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sage

The worst part of this for Kraft is that when Brady retires, Belichek will probably soon follow. If they had Garappolo, Belichek would likely stay longer.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Guru

This is some Inception-level reporting. Redzone is reporting on an ESPN report about a Boston Globe story about a rumour it could be their last season together.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    This is some Inception-level reporting. Redzone is reporting on an ESPN report about a Boston Globe story about a rumour it could be their last season together.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I am not disagreeing with you but I am not doubting there's truth to this report as well. Lots of talk about who made the call about wanting to trade Garoppolo and the disagreeing as to who wanted him dealt and why flying around now too. Somethings up in New England.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

#Can'tGetAlongGate???

https://twitter.com/Patriots?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Well of course they are going to come together and give a united statement... they are still 'in-season' wait until the off season
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

My physiotherapist was telling me about this early this morning. Seems like a bunch of nonsense to me. Patriots had to move Jimmy so Brady could play. Can't waste Garopollos' best years on the bench. And Belichick is a draft wizard. They will probably pull someone out of the 6th round this year who goes on to be the next Tom Brady haha
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    My physiotherapist was telling me about this early this morning. Seems like a bunch of nonsense to me. Patriots had to move Jimmy so Brady could play. Can't waste Garopollos' best years on the bench. And Belichick is a draft wizard. They will probably pull someone out of the 6th round this year who goes on to be the next Tom Brady haha
    So if Tom rolls his ankle or breaks a finger in round 1, the Patriots simply fall-out of the playoffs? Moving a competent backup at the deadline, instead of the off-season, is short sighted and does not sound like Belichick at all. I'm partial to believe the reports until we receive more information.

On another note: Bills Mafia must be in heaven, first they make the playoffs and now this!

I have been hoping for a Brady injury since the minute they traded Garopollo cause I really want to see what they do.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I have been hoping for a Brady injury since the minute they traded Garopollo cause I really want to see what they do.
    LOL!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    So if Tom rolls his ankle or breaks a finger in round 1, the Patriots simply fall-out of the playoffs? Moving a competent backup at the deadline, instead of the off-season, is short sighted and does not sound like Belichick at all. I'm partial to believe the reports until we receive more information.

On another note: Bills Mafia must be in heaven, first they make the playoffs and now this!
    I don't follow football closely enough, but would the Patriots have gotten the same return for Jimmy in the off-season? That's the only reason I can think of for trading him early. Unless, of course, the decision had more to do with Brady....

Dobber Sports Immortal

This story is absolutely fascinating. I can't wait for NE to cut Brady and sign Jimmy G. That could technically happen right??? I don't know how rights works in the NFL....